AND no offense to the Christians here, unless

Spiky Bugger

…you are a “Hospital Chaplain,” in which case, a Heads Up:

When a patient registers as an ATHEIST, it’s code for “TAKE YOUR MAGIC BOOK AND YOUR STUPID ASS OUT OF HERE AND LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE. Please.”

Come on, Spiky Bugger tell us how you really feel.
You know, I may come from a family of smart asses.

My colorectal surgeon prescribed oxycodone for post-op pain. (I’ve used only 3 of the 30 tabs.). But she also Rx’d NARCAN! I think that’s a great idea, because people OD on opioids all the time. So I was talking to my nephew, an FD Captain, who is familiar with overdoses, asking him how it is used. Response?

”Aunt Sue, you don’t have to worry about that. People just don’t self-administer NARCAN.” Which would have been an okay answer if he hadn’t been laughing and I could ALMOST see him smirking right through the phone.

Well of course your smart ass nephew (it does seem to run in the family) is right, the person about to die from an OD can't self administer Narcan. But someone else can, and if you don't have it handy, no one can. That's why a lot of police departments (and maybe fire departments too, IDK) now have their officers carry around Narcan, because when someone needs it, they need it right NOW. So make sure Mr. Spiky knows you have it and how and when to use it.

Narcan is like an epipen. When you need one, it’s now. Unlike Narcan, an Epipen can be self administered if not too far “gone”. It’s also like glucose for severely low insulin and if that low, you aren’t doing it yourself, someone has to help. I know cause Charles had to administer to me when I passed at with a level of 29 according to the paramedics. I do remember seeing 35.

Latest posts

Back