Also, THIS. WTF?

Spiky Bugger

Our insurance requires that my husband's expensive meds go tbrough a "specialty pharmacy." Their CSR's are located in WhoGivesAFuck, Alabama...or Mississippi...or someplace so far in the woods that his "voice to text" phone for the hearing impaired cannot make WORDS out of the noises it hears. (And I found it very challenging, even though ALL of my grandparents spoke accented English as a Second Language.)

Anyway, because of that--and because I bitch a lot--we get special service and they call us and it's always here in a day or two.

Except this time. (Note that we are in Southern CA--easiest airport Long Beach, closest airport Burbank, about equidistant from LAX and Ontario.)

Here is the UPS tracking info...
12/16--order processed, origin scan, departure scan, Las Vegas, NV 9:14 p.m. 4-5 hour drive from here.
12/17--arrived Ontario, CA 1:57 a.m....at this point, it was one hour from our house.

12/19--arrived Louisville, KY 5:52 a.m.
12/20--departed Louisville, KY 12:48 a.m.
12/20--arrived Indianapolis, IN 3:52 a.m.
12/20--departed Indianapolis, IN 10:21 a.m.
12/20--arrived Hodgkins, IL 12:30 p.m.
12/20--departed Hodgkins, IL 2:43 p.m.--current destination not mentioned.

I'm still on hold.

Ordered an item the 18th.
Dec 18th, left Macon, GA (about an 8 hour drive southwest of us).
Dec 19th, in transit
Dec 20th 5:43 AM arrived in Linthicum Heights, MD (overshot us and went about 12 hours northeast)
Dec 20th 6:15 PM left Linthicum Heights, MD
Suppose to be here tomorrow.
Being handled by USPS.

Ordered an item the 18th.
Dec 18th, left Macon, GA (about an 8 hour drive southwest of us).
Dec 19th, in transit
Dec 20th 5:43 AM arrived in Linthicum Heights, MD (overshot us and went about 12 hours northeast)
Dec 20th 6:15 PM left Linthicum Heights, MD
Suppose to be here tomorrow.
Being handled by USPS.

Not long ago, MiniSue was in a training class at a job that requires they use...and therefore KNOW...all two-letter state abbreviations. MiniSue is 4o-ish. Many of her 20-something classmates started whining, "ALL OF THEM.? We have to memorize ALL OF THEM?"

I think the ones who flunked out went to UPS and USPS to program delivery routes.

I hope Santa doesn't use those same routes.

My.Head.Hurts. But you know that there is a Reason For This. There's a computer program that figures these things out.

I have a random question for the Brain Trust. I am very VERY fond of the Safeway brand (Snack Artist) of Roasted Salted Sunflower Seeds in the shell, in one pound bags - I need the salt and protein, and it makes me thirsty so I drink more diet soda (they're probably ruining my crowned front teeth, which were worn down in part from eating them since I was a kid). They are much better than David & Sons, believe it or not.

My Safeway in San Jose carried them. But neither of the Safeways here does. How would I go about getting a steady supply of them? I cannot find a way to order them online. I would be surprised if the local Safeways would order them, just for me.

I hope you get the meds, Spiky, good lord.

Diana, I hope you can find your sunflower seeds. seems like it wouldn't hurt to ask someone at the local safeway if they can get them for you.

Not long ago, MiniSue was in a training class at a job that requires they use...and therefore KNOW...all two-letter state abbreviations. MiniSue is 4o-ish. Many of her 20-something classmates started whining, "ALL OF THEM.? We have to memorize ALL OF THEM?"

I think the ones who flunked out went to UPS and USPS to program delivery routes.

I hope Santa doesn't use those same routes.
Well, in alphabetical order, MD does come before NC.

Estimated delivery was yesterday. Of course, it wasn't here since it didn't leave MD til after 6AM yesterday after sitting for 24 hours. BUT it did make it to our local PO this morning and should be out for delivery shortly. Since the mail person (man in our case) gets by us around 2-3PM, I should see it today.

All I can say is that it's a well traveled package.

@DianaCox have you considered asking the manager of that Safe Way if they could order a case at a time for you? As long as Corporate has it in their system, they should be able to get it.

Mine made it today.
@Spiky Bugger did yours make it yet?
I've watched the tracking to see same things happen. It especially happens on items shipped "fed ex smart post" I think it's called, which is where fed ex gets it to your local post office who then delivers it. I have tried calling to inquire why my package is rerouted around the country and all that happens is FedEx blames usps and vice-a-versa! I think packages shipped this way fly standby and get bumped often!!!

"DianaCox have you considered asking the manager of that Safe Way if they could order a case at a time for you? As long as Corporate has it in their system, they should be able to get it."

That's the fall back - I was hoping to find an online solution :)

"DianaCox have you considered asking the manager of that Safe Way if they could order a case at a time for you? As long as Corporate has it in their system, they should be able to get it."

That's the fall back - I was hoping to find an online solution :)

Snoop on the back of the package and see if you can figure out who REALLY manufactures them for Safeway. Then look for it under that label.

Like, in chatting with a guy at Dave's bakery...lots of specialty breads...I learned that they make bread I was buying under a smaller chain store label.

On Nov. 20th.Ordered a bedskirt for my daughter from Overstock at the samend time I ordered a comforter set for me. My set got here on the 24th of Nov..albiet a queen size rather than a king, called and had them ship the king received that on the 28th of Nov. My daughter says where's my bed skirt? Got on UPS tracking. Arrived here in Salt Lake on Nov 23rd and was transferred to the USPS. Now, mind you, this is 12/14 by now. Tried the tracking number with the USPS they supplied. Postal service has no record of that number. Call Overstock, they ship out a new one which arrived on the 16th. The original one was just delivered YESTERDAY by the post office 1MONTH AFTER THEY RECEIVED IT

Latest posts

Back