2 months post-op

jim1969

I just realized I am 2 months post-op today. I am down 60 pounds from my starting weight. I just cant believe how this surgery has changed my life already. I started my day doing bookwork, did some laundry, dishes, shot my bow, made up some bear baits, raked the back lawn, and then picked up sticks around the campground the rest of the day. I would never had that much energy to accomplish that in a day before weight loss surgery. Pretty uneventful recovery so far!

Congratulations! Wow. SIXTY POUNDS in 2 months! (You MEN) And it's so great to be able to move like a person of normal weight. Just picking up sticks off the ground has to be exponentially easier.
I wonder why men have an easier time loosing weight? Yes, picking up the sticks was way easier! Thank You for answering all my questions about Mexicali! Because of people like you I felt comfortable going to Mexico and knew what to expect when I got there!

I wonder why men have an easier time loosing weight? Yes, picking up the sticks was way easier! Thank You for answering all my questions about Mexicali! Because of people like you I felt comfortable going to Mexico and knew what to expect when I got there!
I honestly haven't seen any data, suggesting men lose easier or faster. I know some of the ladies believe that to be the case sonic don't know if studies have been around this top c or not.

I do know why I lost so fast and it wasn't because I was a guy. It was because my malabsorption was way too much due to a short AL.

In any case. You are doing great and I am happy for you.

I've been around the DS sites since 2002. Almost always, men lose faster than women of comparable size. More muscle mass, generally physically more active, etc. Even people like our dear Steve (srobs) who was certain he was a superabsorber (and I'm sure he was) had his metabolism revved up more than he could have imagined.

Even with normal dieting, men lose faster. It is documented in academic research and as memory will allow, I think it was a combination of muscle mass, hormones and general genetic make-up.

ETA: Men lose FASTER...not necessarily more ;) The research indicates men drop 3 times more weight than women in the beginning, but by 6 months the playing field is levelled out. We ladies will get there in the end :) (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24103395)

Last edited:
Scott, human females are designed deep in their makeup to keep weigh on...it was to protect babies we have in their development. So of course when humans lose weight, men have an easier time than women...our bodies are programed to hold on to weight.

Jim I was two weeks prior to you and I'm down 45 lbs. so I hate you. I was quite content with my weight loss till I read your post. I hope you're happy.

Just kidding I'm thrilled for you and I can totally relate to Mrs Jim's situation. I'd definitely encourage her to go for it ASAP. Why should she cheer from the sidelines as you reach your health goals when she can join you in your quest to healthier living. It's not all about weight. Who better than you to guide her on her journey. I
totally believe that the 12K spent in Mexico was the single best investment we could have made in our selves.

@CaraOC I wish we had the funds to send her today. Unfortunately we will need to save up some money first. 45 Pounds is incredible! Think how many times you've lost that amount of weight in that amount of time. This surgery is truly amazing!

Congrats, @jim1969! I think you, me and @CaraOC had very similar surgery dates. It's amazing to hear the change in what the weight loss allows us to achieve, rather than just the weight loss itself.

Jim I was two weeks prior to you and I'm down 45 lbs. so I hate you. I was quite content with my weight loss till I read your post. I hope you're happy.

Remember, it's percentages not pounds! I'm down 40lbs, or 35% of my excess weight - in just two months! This really is an incredible journey. You know how I found out about the DS? I went on a Tinder date with a surgeon and when we were texting he mentioned he trained under Dr Sudan at Duke and I should check out the DS. (I realise this sounds like he was a jerk, but he wasn't...or at least not for that reason ;) )

Congrats, @jim1969! I think you, me and @CaraOC had very similar surgery dates. It's amazing to hear the change in what the weight loss allows us to achieve, rather than just the weight loss itself.

Remember, it's percentages not pounds! I'm down 40lbs, or 35% of my excess weight - in just two months! This really is an incredible journey. You know how I found out about the DS? I went on a Tinder date with a surgeon and when we were texting he mentioned he trained under Dr Sudan at Duke and I should check out the DS. (I realise this sounds like he was a jerk, but he wasn't...or at least not for that reason ;) )
40 pounds is incredible! Keep up the great work!

Latest posts

Back