13 years ago today

... I got rearranged, 12 days before my 50th birthday. I have been happier and healthier in the last 13 years than I was in the previous 25.

Today's official weight is 174.6. Still overweight but I'm good with it. I have finally lost all but the last 5 lbs of regain from my lowest weight that resulted from having to go on an antidepressant in 2010 after I had psychiatric side effects from Reglan prescribed after my first (and last) reconstructive surgery. The panic attacks and bizarre suicidal ideation made me chicken out of doing the BIG surgeries. Now that I'm almost 63, I'm not as interested in risking my life and health to rearrange my skin.

My labs are very good this year, with a few minor exceptions (slightly elevated liver enzymes, albumin at the low end of normal, which I can fix), and that is due to low-effort diligence (take my supplements faithfully twice a day, yearly labs, adjust as needed, eat enough protein). This is minimal effort compared to all the ineffective diets I tried over the years, and includes butter, mayo and bacon - no complaints there.

I'll see if I can post a picture later - Charles left before 7 AM to drive up to San Jose to get new tires for the Jeep, so it will have to wait until he gets back.

Go girlfriend! Fantastic news about the weight loss. I'm mucho impressed. X

Congratulations on 13 years of health and for giving back BIG TIME!!! You giving us your time and knowledge in a place where is tricky at best to get good information is immeasurable!!

Terrible picture but I kept forgetting to take one so ... had Charles snap this one as we were leaving to go to town this evening for dinner - wet hair, no makeup, setting sun in my eyes and weird angle - but it's done.
13887124_10153853521491173_7498647867234185053_n.jpg

Hey...what comorbidities, that were you dealing with pre-op, disappeared and stayed gone?

(I usually forget how VERY sick I was.)

Pre-op comorbidities were mostly early stage, but trends were clear, and all were eliminated:
  • High triglycerides
  • Borderline high cholesterol
  • Borderline high blood pressure
  • Extremely high CRP, indicating cardiovascular inflammation
  • Consistently high white blood cell count, indicating cardiovascular inflammation (after leukemia was ruled out)
  • Shortness of breath doing anything physical, like climbing one flight of stairs
  • Foot pain from walking any distance
  • Urinary incontinence
  • My mother's history of lifelong SMO, leading to disability retirement at 61, and diabetes, CHF, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, lipedema, etc.

Latest posts

Back