Yet Another Off-Topic Post...

Spiky Bugger

So tonight, the neighbor man asked why it was that WE complained about his yard sale. None of the OTHER neighbors mind and many are his customers. We are the ONLY people who seem to mind.

I asked..."You mean...other than the fact that your sales are endangering people with way too much traffic and people parking in front of fire hydrants, and inconveniencing us by blocking our driveways and keeping service people...like carpet cleaners and pool service people...from reaching our homes, and the fact that you are ghetto-izing the neighborhood by causing commercial traffic on a residential street? That's not enough? Well, how about you are allowed three days of yard sales in any six month period and you have now had four days in five months and it isn't even spring yet."

Funny...he didn't recall having a yard sale in September.

Funnier...I told him that I had already sent a copy of the online ad to Code Enforcement, so they could show it to him.

If I'm dead tomorrow, tell the cops it was the folks across the street, k?

(Mr Sue told him that unless they were sex trafficking or cooking meth, he didn't care what they did at their house...until it affected him. And the neighbor's assertion that "all he had to do" was come over to the yard sale and ask everyone there whose car it was blocking our driveway seemed to offend Mr. Sue. He said that he didn't understand why neighbor thought it was incumbent upon Mr. Sue to find the offender when all the neighbor had to do was stop inviting, by virtue of yard sale ads, all these inconsiderate double-parking, driveway-blocking, mouth-breathing trailer trash types to visit our street. They did not come to consensus on this.)

Those fuckers. Ghetto-izing the neighborhood. We turned in a neighbor for that, as well. Also one for parking their motor home partly on our property all year long. That backfired on us. They put in a slab of concrete afterwards, again on our property. DH wasn't in a mood to fight, so we just moved. The new neighbor sued and won, slab was removed, as it was not under code or permit. My beef was that I could not see the traffic on our street backing out of our driveway. Plus it was almost as big as their house.

Latest posts

Back