What is a down side of having DS?

SO - when are you going to tell us who your surgeon is, who is the coordinator you are working with and which hospital you're going to be at? Because you may need to be warned.

DianaCox,

I do not need to be warned about the hospital, coordinator, or surgeon. But thank you for your concern.

If you could changed one thing about your DS what would it be? Have you found it challenging to consume the fat and protein needed? How long was it before you could get all your protein without having to use supplements? I see so many people fresh out of surgery that can hardly get water down let alone 120gms or so of protein.

It isn't an issue that is up for debate.

You do not even know the surgeon's name and you are already slamming and insulting because you are just sure he's bad.

We aren't getting anywhere with the topic.

You appear to assume you know the reputation and experience of every bariatric surgeon in the entire country of Mexico.

You have to admit, this is pointless.

Why haven't you answered my question about having a Lap Band surgeon follow you after surgery? Or am I making assumptions? Would you find it acceptable to have a band surgeon follow you in the hospital after DS or VSG?

I am going to go out on a limb and assume you would not find this acceptable, either.

Daphne,

It's pronounced car-knee-SAIR-o. It's spelled carnicero.

If you have chosen Huacuz or one of his ilk, you might as well learn how to say "butcher" in Spanish. That's your only recourse. They don't have malpractice laws like ours there. Oh, and if you are not ready for the paternalistic approach to medicine that is practiced in many countries, Mexico being one of them, well then...oops!

By the way, when someone goes out of the country and has surgery, especially a surgery that is not done even in every STATE here, and there is a post-op complication, that patient will be refused care by almost every surgeon s/he approaches as s/he is dying in this country. Liability issues and all that.

Since you have decided that you know more than most of us...some of whom have been dealing with these issues for a decade or more...and have so <sarcasm font> wisely </sarcasm font> decided to have a major, major, life-changing surgery on what can only be described as a whim..and since your decision includes the assumption that you can have your guts rearranged in as dramatic a fashion as they would be arranged if you were run over by an 18-wheeler and be all better in two weeks...DO prepare yourself for an I-TOLD-YOU-SO or two when we, or similar boards, are the ONLY places you have to turn if/when you discover that maybe, just maybe, we were right on one or two issues presented here.

Meanwhile, since you have already chosen to make every bad decision you can possibly make, I sure hope you get the surgery you need...and not the surgery you deserve.

PS...if your coordinator is named Michelle, well...there is just no hope at all.

Daphne

people here really want the best for you but are not going to tailor their posts to only what you want to hear.

It isn't an issue that is up for debate.

you don't get to decide that - people will say what they feel they have to.

A DS surgery is a complicated thing - a REVISION to a DS even more so. the vets here do indeed know who is your best bet to do it in the entire country of Mexico.

and they learned it after years of watching people who were perfectly confident with their choice go to less experienced surgeons. at least face what some of those results were so you know what to expect.

I don't know who Huacuz is.

I am very comfortable with my choice in surgeons but thank you for your kindness.

It is interesting that nobody responded to Dr. Ungson's methods for hospital care. That puts everything in perspective for me.

If I cared a bit more I would post all the emails here from the coordinator. I can only assume that would be ignored as well. All that matters is how stupid I am, not the problems of using Dr. Ungson. You don't even know who my surgeon is but all you can do is sling mud. All of this is just silly and childish.

She doesn't want to name the surgeon because ignorance is bliss. She's afraid she'll find out there is something hugely awful about her surgeon and she'll have to deal with it. Nothing else explains it as well.

Quite honestly, to answer your question, Daphne, YES I would deal with whatever I had to post-surgery in order to go with a more experienced/respected/vetted surgeon. I prefer known quantities when it comes to something as potentially life-changing as DS surgery. I didn't answer before because I'm still new to this community and don't know if this is an unusual way for Ungson to handle a surgery or if it's typical and not problematic. I chose to leave that for the vets to address.

And if it's NOT something Ungson typically does (a big IF, as I don't know - vets?), then it sounds to me like there would have to be something specific to your situation that's necessitating it - insisting on a date when he'll be out of town right after, insisting on a location he doesn't typically work out of, or something along those lines.

Daphne,
I really don't get your logic at all- but since you are going out of country and on a budget, like me and you are convinced you are right(but not right enough to tell people who your surgeon is)-please look into buying medical tourism insurance. It will pay for surgery/hospitalization if you have complications.
I am buying it and I'm going to a vetted DS revision surgeon. Revisions are complicated- I do not think that you are getting that the cutter is of utmost importance when it comes to revision surgery.
Aftercare is important, yes- but it's the nursing staff that are important during that phase IMO. Why wouldn't another doctor be sufficient in supervising your aftercare- that's common in teaching hospitals.
I assume that Ungson would fly in if there were complications. I don't know that for a fact, since when I contacted them there they were not willing to do my revision, as it is complicated. Which is why I'm nervous for you- he is the only vetted revision surgeon in Mexico.
Best of luck-
Jill

People people people - you all need to calm down. And ignore this TROLL.

THE FOLLOWING IS ON INFORMATION AND BELIEF, of course ...:

A reliable source has confirmed my suspicions that there IS no pre-op patient named "Daphne" - this is yet another fake profile of Michelle Walsh, AKA Michelle Mexicali, AKA MidWesternGirl, AKA WasABubbleButt, AKA BariatricRN (and many more). Michelle works for a no-name [as far as the DS goes] Mexican surgeon Juan Arellano as his patient coordinator - or, one could say, she is his pimp: https://www.facebook.com/michelle.mexicali?fref=ts&ref=br_tf DOLLARS TO KRISPY KREMES, "DAPHNE'S" IP ADDRESS IS ORIGINATING FROM MEXICALI.

There is a long long long history with this one - Michelle has done this pimping thing for a number of surgeons, even Husted (and claimed to be Husted's lover - even disclosing ONLINE HIPAA protected information she allegedly got from "pillow talk" with Husted about Stephanie Capek's death). She claims to be a nurse, but I don't believe that's true either.

Michelle was "cultivating" Aceves for a long time - talking him up all over the internets, including using fake profiles to do so, trying to sell herself to him as a patient coordinator who could get him more patients from the US. Aceves was not interested, would not hire her - and the next thing you know, Michelle was all over the internets spreading lies about him, trying to discredit him, [presumably to ingratiate herself with Arellanos]:
  • At first she claimed that she didn't work for him because he did lapbands and she thought that was unethical (HYPOCRITE! Until she lost her band, she was a HUGE fucking annoying band promoter who was almost as annoying a liar as Naomi.)
  • Then she claimed that Aceves wasn't paying his staff and there was a huge turnover there because of that
  • Then she claimed Arellano was more experienced and did the DS (TOTAL BS)
  • Then later she started trashing Aceves as an unsafe surgeon.
Someone told me they went to the ASMBS Annual Meeting in Atlanta last November and spoke to Aceves about her after seeing this shit - and he said Michelle was crazy as hell, which of course those of us who have seen her over the years already knew.

Michelle NOW claims that this Arellano guy was Aceves' assistant surgeon - this is her story since she started working for him. No one [in the DS world] had ever heard of him prior to that, so it's not clear whether that even true, but that's Michelle's MO - trying to pump up the non-existent reputation of the only surgeon left in Mexico who is apparently too stupid to realize what she is.
Now she's claiming Arellano TRAINED Aceves - bwahahahaha!

Tell-tale signs: "Daphne's" cut-n-paste of Michelle's manufactured BS that "her" Dr. has more experience than Aceves and that "her" Dr. actually proctored Aceves! Complete bullshit. A further tell-tale sign - putting down Ungson, who has taken over for Aceves after his death.

She posted this on Proboards:

Yes, the phone number you list is where I called. Nina is the person I spoke with. He is simply not the surgeon for me. He would fly to Mexicali the day of surgery, do surgery, and fly home that evening. A band doctor would do my aftercare. I am not comfortable with that and I do not believe you would be comfortable with that either. Dr. Ungson is still practicing out of Hermisillo but Nina is coordinating for him now that Dr. Aceves passed away. She is basically a medical tourism coordinator now instead of working as an employee for Dr. Aceves. I have had very negative experiences with Nina. She has been dishonest from the beginning. For example, she told me Dr. Ungson is FACS. He is not. I do not care that he is not FACS, I care that she lied to me. That is one example of many. She required a $500 non refundable deposit to even speak to Dr. Ungson on the phone to discuss options. Then another $3,000 non refundable deposit to schedule surgery. That is not standard in Mexico.
  • She knows way too much information that the average person wouldn't know
  • How many other people post about a surgeon's FACS status, or lack thereof?
  • And how often does a pre-op bring up the deposit like it is a problem and "not standard in Mexico?"
And of course, the refusal to say who her surgeon is - because Michelle is trying to pique some of the newbies' interest so they will contact her to get info about who he is and then she can try to sell them on going to this Mexican [DS] nobody, which is how Michelle makes her money. DON'T BE FOOLED - OR SUCKERED - BY THESE LIES!

I heard [last year] Michelle even tried to get RickyDS/DSwitcher to switch from Aceves to Arellano by telling him these lies. Apparently Ricky asked someone at Aceves' office about it, and he was told how crazy she was and that she is banned from the hospital (Almater) and the hotel that their practice uses. This may explain why the surgeries Michelle coordinates for Arellano are never at Almater - there are 2 or 3 other hospitals in Mexicali, and surgeries she coordinates are always at one of those other places. I have no idea what she did that she got barred from Almater and the hotel, but we have heard from one person who had surgery through Michelle that when Michelle came to visit that security was there the whole time like the staff didn't trust her.

Even Ricky was too smart to get sucked into Michelle's plot - please don't be too stupid to live.

Last edited:
People people people - you all need to calm down. And ignore this TROLL.

THE FOLLOWING IS ON INFORMATION AND BELIEF, of course ...:

A reliable source has confirmed my suspicions that there IS no pre-op patient named "Daphne" - this is yet another fake profile of Michelle Walsh, AKA Michelle Mexicali, AKA MidWesternGirl, AKA WasABubbleButt, AKA BariatricRN (and many more). Michelle works for a no-name Mexican surgeon Juan Arellano as his patient coordinator - or, one could say, she is his pimp: https://www.facebook.com/michelle.mexicali?fref=ts&ref=br_tf DOLLARS TO KRISPY KREMES, "DAPHNE'S" IP ADDRESS IS ORIGINATING FROM MEXICALI.

There is a long long long history with this one - Michelle has done this pimping thing for a number of surgeons, even Husted (and claimed to be Husted's lover - even disclosing ONLINE HIPAA protected information she allegedly got from "pillow talk" with Husted about Stephanie Capek's death). She claims to be a nurse, but I don't believe that's true either.

Michelle was "cultivating" Aceves for a long time - talking him up all over the internets, including using fake profiles to do so, trying to sell herself to him as a patient coordinator who could get him more patients from the US. Aceves was not interested, would not hire her - and the next thing you know, Michelle was all over the internets spreading lies about him, trying to discredit him:
  • At first she claimed that she didn't work for him because he did lapbands and she thought that was unethical (HYPOCRITE! Until she lost her band, she was a HUGE fucking annoying band promoter who was almost as annoying a liar as Naomi.)
  • Then she claimed that Aceves wasn't paying his staff and there was a huge turnover there because of that
  • Then she claimed Arellano was more experienced and did the DS (TOTAL BS)
  • Then later she started trashing Aceves as an unsafe surgeon.
Someone told me they went to the ASMBS Annual Meeting in Atlanta last November and spoke to Aceves about her after seeing this shit - and he said Michelle was crazy as hell, which of course those of us who have seen her over the years already knew.

Michelle NOW claims that this Arellano guy was Aceves' assistant surgeon - this is her story since she started working for him. No one had ever heard of him prior to that, so it's not clear whether that even true, but that's Michelle's MO - trying to pump up the non-existent reputation of the only surgeon left in Mexico who is apparently too stupid to realize what she is.
Now she's claiming Arellano TRAINED Aceves - bwahahahaha!

Tell-tale signs: "Daphne's" cut-n-paste of Michelle's manufactured BS that "her" Dr. has more experience than Aceves and that "her" Dr. actually proctored Aceves! Complete bullshit. A further tell-tale sign - putting down Ungson, who has taken over for Aceves after his death.

She posted this on Proboards:

• She knows way too much information that the average person wouldn't know
  • How many other people post about a surgeon's FACS status, or lack thereof?
  • And how often does a member bring up the deposit like it is a problem and "not standard in Mexico?"
And of course, the refusal to say who her surgeon is - because Michelle is trying to pique some of the newbies' interest so they will contact her to get info about who he is and then she can try to sell them on going to this Mexican nobody, which is how Michelle makes her money. DON'T BE FOOLED - OR SUCKERED - BY THESE LIES!

I heard Michelle even tried to get RickyDS/DSwitcher to switch from Aceves to Arellano by telling him these lies. Apparently Ricky asked someone at Aceves' office about it, and he was told how crazy she was and that she is banned from the hospital (Almater) and the hotel that their practice uses. This may explain why the surgeries Michelle coordinates for Arellano are never at Almater - there are 2 or 3 other hospitals in Mexicali, and surgeries she coordinates are always at one of those other places. I have no idea what she did that she got barred from Almater and the hotel, but we have heard from one person who had surgery through Michelle that when Michelle came to visit that security was there the whole time like the staff didn't trust her.

Even Ricky was too smart to get sucked into Michelle's plot - please don't be too stupid to live.

Oh, wow!

The entire thing DID conjure up Michelle flashbacks! Such an interesting woman...did she ever get that Phoenix (Tucson?) court case resolved...the one where her family was suing her for ripping them off?

I think you are insane. I live on the border, I have all my life. The coordinator made it a point to tell me the surgeon was FACS. I verified it and found it was not accurate. A smarter person would have contacted me to see if I would do as you claim. A more stupid person would sling mud because I won't cave to your demands. I did not bring up surgeons, you did. This is worse than high school drama. I never asked about surgeons, I never brought up the topic, I never wanted to discuss surgeons. You are insane.

Daphne is my middle name, this is a private situation to me.

Latest posts

Back