Well, I'm a DS'er now.

Hm, I haven't noticed undigested bile smelling bad (having just had food poisoning, I had a lot of occasion to observe thrown up undigested bile recently ha). I wonder if its that its partially digested but not fully? Or if its the bile mixed in with food? Now I'm even more curious. (while on the other hand kind of shocked to be discussing this at all haha I guess as a DSer I need to get over that squeamishness)
Hm, I haven't noticed undigested bile smelling bad (having just had food poisoning, I had a lot of occasion to observe thrown up undigested bile recently ha). I wonder if its that its partially digested but not fully? Or if its the bile mixed in with food? Now I'm even more curious. (while on the other hand kind of shocked to be discussing this at all haha I guess as a DSer I need to get over that squeamishness)

You'll be surprised some of the things you'll talk about after WLS lol. I had RNY and don't have much problem with gas or pooing. I didn't have PMs regularly before WLS and tend to still not go often (2 maybe 3 times a week). I'm happy when I go and the occasional gas I do have I'm happy as a lark if one stinks. My boys fart constantly it seems like I am happy when I can pay them back :).

There RNYers that have lots of poos too and gas that will clear a room. What I'm trying to say is potty issues affect everyone to a degree YMMV.

Anyone else eat smoked fish and smell it again the next day? It seems like the food I eat smells the same coming out as going in.

I just had a glorious 10 days of eating smoked sable from Russ and Daughters in NYC for a breakfast appetizer (at $50/lb, I could not bring myself to gorge on it, though I could have eaten most of the 1.5 lbs I bought at once), and did not experience this.

You mentioned in another post that you recently had antibiotics for a kidney infection. That can set you up for some horrid stink as well, since it kills off all gut flora and as it repopulates it can get very out of balance. I would get some real yogurt or kefir, or even some probiotic supplements ASAP and try and get a decent balance too keep the stinkiness and bloating to a minimum.

There are MANY solutions - you need to read about elimination diets, probiotics, flagyl, sugar alcohols, hidden flour - there are many reasons for the smell, and many ways to ameliorate it. You have to pay attention - a lot of attention.

Sooo is there a solution for the odor? My husband would love that.
Yes, like I mentioned above, I'm a firm believer in good probiotics, and I like a variety from food and supplement.

Also, learn what foods are the common culprits for causing gas. Most have an issue with white carbs, which are useless for us anyway. I don't have issues with any food in particular at this stage (although dairy was horrible for me the first year or two) so everyones mileage varies. You may have to do an elimination diet to identify specific foods if you have issues and they don't seem to be the common culprits.

Latest posts

Back