Well, I'm a DS'er now.

I had to look at your surgery date, I was surprised to see you were after me. I have not experienced any of what I would consider a DS smell yet. I know it is coming and I am not looking forward to it.

I farted and damn near burned off my nose hairs. I have never had a smell like that come out of me before. Sweet Jesus. Well, I'm a DS'er now, I guess.
Yeap. I call them my paint peeling farts
I had to look at your surgery date, I was surprised to see you were after me. I have not experienced any of what I would consider a DS smell yet. I know it is coming and I am not looking forward to it.
It's REALLY bad when you smell it as you are walking away from it OUTSIDE. That was mine yesterday...Jeese O'Pete, they were RANK!

This was the first time for me. But, honestly, not too worried about it. I barely ever fart, less now than before surgery for sure. That may change though - we'll see. My poo doesn't smell as bad as I've heard people say it can, at least it doesn't YET. We'll see.

It was explained to me that since digestion only takes place in a much smaller portion of the small intestines that lots of stuff gets pooped out that would normally be absorbed by the body- in other words, the malabsorption. Plus the bacteria in the large intestine are breaking down that undigested food and the combo makes for stinkies. I dunno if that's fully accurate, but that's what one of the docs in the hospital told me.

This was the first time for me. But, honestly, not too worried about it. I barely ever fart, less now than before surgery for sure. That may change though - we'll see. My poo doesn't smell as bad as I've heard people say it can, at least it doesn't YET. We'll see.
Ha - just wait.

Hm, I haven't noticed undigested bile smelling bad (having just had food poisoning, I had a lot of occasion to observe thrown up undigested bile recently ha). I wonder if its that its partially digested but not fully? Or if its the bile mixed in with food? Now I'm even more curious. (while on the other hand kind of shocked to be discussing this at all haha I guess as a DSer I need to get over that squeamishness)
Yeah, never thought many of these subjects would be so easy to discuss ONLINE with perfect strangers, :)

I think its a lot easier to discuss online with strangers than face to face with people I actually know. You met me IRL --- Could you imagine us discussing this stuff over lunch lol. No way, Jose; I'm just a liiiiiiittle too prissy for that LOL.
Even online with people you've met IRL is easier than face to face...

Something I've noticed is when my digestion is upset (too many simple carbs, something that had some milk in it) my poop can actually smell like vomit. Kind of freaks me out then I forget about it. I'm assuming it's extra bile...not sure.

There better not be bile in your vomit, especially after the DS!

The poop smell is primarily from the partially digested food hitting your colon, where bacteria feast on it, releasing sulfide gases and methane. Here are some yummy fart facts: http://www.heptune.com/farts.html

I did a fart that smelt exactly like a roast beef dinner. I was impressed. Mostly they smell like rotting road kill.

Latest posts

Back