Traveling to Dr. Esquerra alone?

Yes, many here have gone to esquerra for the DS (only procedure I ever considered) and are very happy with the process and result. I want to say it is $12,000 but those vets like @Clematis @CaraOC @jim1969 @BebeZed can speak to cost and what to expect. Also read this thread.

You might want to start your own thread @jojo

My virgin DS was $11k plus I opted to have my gallbladder removed for $2k. There are no other costs except your airfare to San Diego. They pick up up at the SD airport and return you there afterwards. Your first night in a hotel in Mexicali is included too. I ONLY recommend Mexicali Bariatric Center with Dr Esquerra. I have nothing but good things to say about the care.

Search "Esquerra" and you will find a lot by me and others on Mexicali Bariatric Center and Esquerra (the only DS surgeon there).

I called the advocate at the doctor office I chose and I gave her my insurance information and she called herself to see if my insurance covers WLS and the answer was NO my insurance doesn't cover weight loss surgery.my insurance has an exclusion.
Start by getting YOUR Evidence of Coverage...it's about 80-100 pages long and will either be on the insurance portal you SIGN into or given to you by the HR dept of your employer.

Latest posts

Back