Sunday Weigh In (5/31/2015)

I haven't actually weighed today (I only weigh when I first get up in the morning before eating, so I am consistent) but I am still bouncing 188-191.

I'm the same - it's full on ice cream season now. :rolleyes:
Glad you are the same.

Can't do ice cream but I can do frozen yogurt...which UNFORTUNATELY has no fat.
Last week- 177
This week- back to my sweet spot of 170
Not sure WTF that was about, but as long as it didn't stick :)
Have a great week everyone!
GREAT!

1. Last week 169.1
  2. This week 167.8. Still moving in the right direction! 81 lbs gone forever!
BTW .... I went shopping for new dress pants yesterday...I AM A SIZE 12! A month ago I was a 16! 6 months ago I was a 22/24. I love my DS!
The new pants are an awesome feeling.

BTW, "gone forever" can come back and bite you in the butt. Hope it doesn't.
I haven't actually weighed today (I only weigh when I first get up in the morning before eating, so I am consistent) but I am still bouncing 188-191.
You are doing great.
Yeah, me too...if I don't weigh first thing on Sun morning AFTER my morning sit but before I do anything else, I don't bother.
LW: 117.5
TW: 120

Back to my new normal. Have a good week friends.
Glad you like your new normal!

LW 126
TW 125
Strength training continues. Not much else has changed, but glad to see a small drop!
Have a great week, all!
Hey Pam,

Glad to see you doing well.....I need to start strength training myself now that I seem to have energy back. My core strength is really reduced from what it was so I need to build that back up so I don't feel like a 98 pound weakling! :D

Go for it, Scott! When I was losing down to 115, I was always so tired and weak and my skin just hung from me horribly. When my son saw me after a year, he called me 'frail.'
When I learned I have osteoporosis, it got my attention, and I decided I was not going to just waste away. It helps that my daughter and SIL are bodybuilders so they are coaching me, but what really helps is a friend of mine who is my workout buddy. We encourage and motivate each other especially on days when either of us is just 'too tired.' I have never liked to exercise and hate to sweat. Since my DS, I don't sweat anymore and somehow my daily weight lifting is not a dreaded time of day. I actually look forward to it most days. My energy, posture, and muscle tone have improved markedly. I don't do cardio as I don't want to burn calories and really have very little fat left, so am focusing on building lean muscle. Never in my life did I think I would be saying these things. I look at it as Part 2 of my body renovation. Just wish I hadn't waited till I was 63. Guess it's better late than never, right?

Go for it, Scott! When I was losing down to 115, I was always so tired and weak and my skin just hung from me horribly. When I learned I have osteoporosis, it Got my attention, and I decided I was not going to just waste away. It helps that my daughter and SIL are bodybuilders so they are coaching me, but what really helps is a friend of mine who is my workout buddy. We encourage and motivate each other especially on days when either of us is just 'too tired.' I have never liked to exercise and hate to sweat. Since my DS, I don't sweat anymore and somehow my daily weight lifting is not a dreaded time of day. I actually look forward to it most days. My energy, posture, and muscle tone have improved markedly. I don't do cardio as I don't want to burn calories and really have very little fat left, so am focusing on building lean muscle. Never in my life did I think I would be saying these things. I look at it as Part 2 of my body renovation. Just wish I hadn't waited till I was 63. Guess it's better late than never, right?
Yeah, I used to work out a lot back in the day. My only issue now is my burning gut and butt syndrome (TMI but I have a chronic anal fissure that still isn't completely healed) and sometimes I am just too sore...that being said the hot tub at the gym would be good for the behind so I probably just need to get back into and see what happens....that and we have to get Cameron strengthened out...that has take up so much of my time and energy this past year..but there is light at the end of the tunnel and we are ready to get on with it.

Worrying about someone we love is all-consuming and I so get that. Hoping things start improving for Cameron soon. Remember that your own strength and good health are also important to his healing. Take care!

Latest posts

Back