Sunday Weigh In (4/10/2016)

When I started this journey my goal was to lose 100 #'s. I am know just over 8 weeks post op and have lost 52 #'s. I am over half way to my goal.
Last week 244.6
This week 241

When I started this journey my goal was to lose 100 #'s. I am know just over 8 weeks post op and have lost 52 #'s. I am over half way to my goal.
Last week 244.6
This week 241
You are doing well and will be in the 100's before you know it.

LW BMI: 28
TW BMI: 27.8

I thought things were turning around the week before when I lost a couple of pounds, but no. Back to a pound or less loss per week.

Last week 244.6
This week 241
You are doing awesome.

I thought things were turning around the week before when I lost a couple of pounds, but no. Back to a pound or less loss per week.
May be slow but still losing...remember this is not a race but a lifetime.

LW: 182
TW: 179

On the down week of the weekly flip flop cycle.

I actually felt pretty good a few days this week, but for the last 2 or 3 days I have felt like garbage. I still have the lower intestinal issues from the hernia (incomplete emptying, bloating, pain, etc.) but the last few days the pain has returned in my upper left quadrant, just below/behind my ribs about 3 inches down from my left nipple.

Oh well, I am seeking approval for the hernia repair/reconstruction of abdominal wall (bring abominal muscles together as well as lopping off excess skin the abominal/pelvic regio) as well as a quick exploratory look inside to make sure nothing else is going on.

Have a good week losers (and stay putters).

LW 103.5 kg | 228.2 lbs
TW 102.4 kg | 225.8 lbs

Two months since surgery! I need to take my measurements tomorrow morning. The scale seems to drop once a week, about 0.5 to 1 kg, and then stay put all week. Now I know the drill, I am pretty relaxed about it.

Need we remind you of the fable/analogy of tortoise and the hare? Scott lost weight like a scalded dog. Scott feels like shit. Don't be Scott.

You are doing well, so don't let your head play games with you. You started with a BMI of 39 and you are now a BMI of a 28. Do you realize that puts you in the overweight category and you are almost in the normal category of the stupid BMI game?

BTW, I know we all have different goals and see your goal is for a BMI of 20. All I can do is relate to you that at a current BMI of 23 I am weighing 179 and feel like garbage. At a BMI of 20 I would weigh 156 lbs and would be ready for my funeral. We all have different body compositions, so I don't know how you would feel and be health wise, but make sure you don't let that number be the end all be all. You are doing well regardless of the end BMI number.

One final point. Dr K likes to say that surgical weight loss is a balance of health vs weight/BMI. We have to make a trade off that ends with optimal health. Too low of a BMI/weight and we aren't healthy (Raises his hand) and too high of a BMI and we aren't healthy or happy with appearance). The balance is somewhere in the middle.

LW 103.5 kg | 228.2 lbs
TW 102.4 kg | 225.8 lbs

Two months since surgery! I need to take my measurements tomorrow morning. The scale seems to drop once a week, about 0.5 to 1 kg, and then stay put all week. Now I know the drill, I am pretty relaxed about it.
You are doing very well Harriet and I like your expectations.

Thanks, Scott. I would like it to be faster, but I'm not in control of these things, so c'est la vie. To quote some bad 90s advertising, it won't happen overnight but it will happen!
I am happy my weight is coming off fast but also worry that it is coming off to fast. I guess it doesn't matter what end your on we always worry about something. By the way your doing great!

Thanks, Scott. I would like it to be faster, but I'm not in control of these things, so c'est la vie. To quote some bad 90s advertising, it won't happen overnight but it will happen!
You are welcome. I lost very quickly. Pretty much everything in a year or less, and that was very hard on my body.

I look at it this way. You lost 2.4 pounds this past week. If you average that loss for a year you will have lost 125 lbs which means you will weigh 100 pounds.

The numbers look a lot different when you look at it that way.

I am happy my weight is coming off fast but also worry that it is coming off to fast. I guess it doesn't matter what end your on we always worry about something. By the way your doing great!
Jim I agree. We really aren't in control of how much or how fast we lose. As I like to say, we can tinker at the margins but in the end our DS will control where I weight ends up.

Caveat - Naturally that doesn't mean we can eat nothing but apple pie, ice cream, cookies, mac and cheese, potato chips, coke etc and be healthy.

LW: 182
TW: 179

On the down week of the weekly flip flop cycle.

I actually felt pretty good a few days this week, but for the last 2 or 3 days I have felt like garbage. I still have the lower intestinal issues from the hernia (incomplete emptying, bloating, pain, etc.) but the last few days the pain has returned in my upper left quadrant, just below/behind my ribs about 3 inches down from my left nipple.

Oh well, I am seeking approval for the hernia repair/reconstruction of abdominal wall (bring abominal muscles together as well as lopping off excess skin the abominal/pelvic regio) as well as a quick exploratory look inside to make sure nothing else is going on.

Have a good week losers (and stay putters).
Seems that 179-182/3 is about where your body wants to be now. Hopefully you will get the other issues fixed ASAP and start feeling human again...

LW 103.5 kg | 228.2 lbs
TW 102.4 kg | 225.8 lbs

You are doing great...and sounds like you are enjoying the ride down. :)

Thanks Liz... I do agree that the 180 lb mark seems to be the center point at which my body wants to hover. As our beloved buddy Rob(Steve) would say, my weight that matters is probably closer to 175 because I figure I have about 3-5 pounds of loose skin. That being said, it is part of my so it counts.

Latest posts

Back