New Ultar-filtered milk

feeder

Purdue University and Fairoaks farms in Indiana came up with this so I am told. It is out in most stores in Indiana. Has been around for a year.

Fairlife Milk. 1 cup=8g fat, carb=6g, sugars=6g, and Protein13g.

50% more protein, 30% more calcium, 50% less sugar, No lactose!

Ordinary milk. 8g Protein, 276mg calcium, 12g sugar, Lactose yes.

Fairlife whole milk. 13g Protein, 370mg calcium, 6g sugar, Lactose No.

52 FL. oz. Cost about $3

I have seen this milk in stores around here (Idaho). I never read the label.

What I have been buying is Hood Calorie Countdown Dairy Beverage. I really like the taste. Interestingly enough, the second ingredient on the label is ultrafiltered fat free milk, the third being cream. This one doesn't say anything about being lactose free. So far, I haven't had a problem with that though.

1 cup serving has 75% fewer carbs, 53% fewer calories, 44 % less Fat, 75% less sugar than whole milk.
Total carbs per 8 ounce serving is 3 g, calories, 70; sugars 3 g; protein is 5 g

I buy the Hood Calorie Countdown because I am always looking for the least carbs for my cappuccinos and lattes! AT only 3 grams of carbs, I love this stuff. Gotta have my cappuccino! I add an additional dollop of heavy whipping cream to mine for a little extra fat, yum!

Last edited:
I tried the Fairlife. The chocolate is okay, The regular milk...NOPE, tastes fake to me. And I can't stand substitutes either like soy, almond, etc. Lactaid is horrid tasting. (I became lactose intolerant of milk, discovered it was JUST pasteurized milk that was the issue).

Now I drink raw milk, an 8oz glass every day. :)

Latest posts

Back