Everything (I think) I've Learned About the DS

This thread is so helpful. Thank you all so much for the information! Thanks More2adore for starting it and for summarizing so much! And Brandy for the long list too, and everyone else. I am so grateful for all the good info on this board!

VERY True, very helpful! Thxs for talking the time to prepare all that! I am a pre-op too and trying to learn as much as I can, and this whole supplement thing gets really complicated! AND...I am in a technical field which pays attention to detail, cause and effect etc, all that stuff! I've been to all these websites and I pick up stuff here and stuff there and...on and on...so my question is..why the #&@$ don't someone write a GD book??? even an eBook with all this info in one place?? Ladies??? (and a guy or two also). You guys know so much, way more than the NUTS!!! or the Docs..I just got my pre-op labs back and it has over 53 line items they tested. On the "Post DS Labs Needed" .pdf that's out there, it is only 20 line items and only seven of those were listed in that 53 I just got back. I'm not sure where to even start..lol Guess I'll start a new thread, maybe in the vitamins section, don't want to sidetrack this thread, but a book compiling all this real knowledge would sure be cool?? If I had to guess, its probably never been done for liability reasons, i.e., not being a "Licensed Medical Professional" or some legal stuff. Now I'm hijacking my own sidetrack...lol

I just got my pre-op labs back and it has over 53 line items they tested. On the "Post DS Labs Needed" .pdf that's out there, it is only 20 line items and only seven of those were listed in that 53 I just got back. I'm not sure where to even start..lol
Part of the reason, on results you get individual values for the Comprehensive Metabolic Panel and for the Complete Blood Count...in a test order, those are just two items but each one has MANY values to report. Thyroid panel and an Iron panel are others with multiple end line items.

We do have an "ebook"...the threads here and at DSFacts.

@robs477, don't get too freaked out about vitamins. Don't preorder a bunch of packets or special vitamins either. Stick with the ones you know you will have to take. You won't even start taking just your multivitamin till your stomach can handle it. I probably take way more than I need, I take all of the vitalady recommendations plus a couple of my own. My labs are good and I feel good. That is what matters. You really will figure it all out as you go along.

@robs477, don't get too freaked out about vitamins. Don't preorder a bunch of packets or special vitamins either. Stick with the ones you know you will have to take. You won't even start taking just your multivitamin till your stomach can handle it. I probably take way more than I need, I take all of the vitalady recommendations plus a couple of my own. My labs are good and I feel good. That is what matters. You really will figure it all out as you go along.

Yeah, youre right, thxs. I just hate not knowing everything....lol I got plenty of time though.

Yeah, youre right, thxs. I just hate not knowing everything....lol I got plenty of time though.

Just remember...YOUR labs will dictate what YOU need...and until you have those in hand--a couple, three, four times a year--you're just guessing.

Latest posts

Back