New Hope, New Life - My DS Journey

Thanks, everyone. It is good to be home, and to not have the trip home ahead of me still!

I have to admit, I'm not feeling good at all. I feel totally washed out and just want to sleep, pretty much all the time. The problem with sleeping is I'm plagued with nightmares. Not as bad as when I was in hospital, but still...bad enough! As a result, I wake up feeling stressed and not happy at all. I keep waking up with a thought in my head about being a thin corpse! Weird, isn't it? Don't worry, I don't have any intention of becoming a corpse (thin or otherwise) anytime soon! I guess I just have this subconscious concern that I won't make it, probably because of how lousy I feel right now.

I'm feeling fairly optimistic about my recovery, though. Jos arrived back home a couple of hours ago, and he will help me stay on track with hydration, meds etc. I can barely stand up on my own atm, so that is a relief.

The support all of you have given me has made a big difference too. Thank you :).

There's no place like home...there's no place like home....So glad you are back. Be patient with yourself, sleep when you need to, walk sip, sleep some more! Sorry about the stressful dreams. Hope they are soon a thing of the past. :hug:

Hopefully the nightmares will lessen as you wean off your meds, too. I'm happy to hear you ended up flying home! I cannot imagine if you had of driven that long way.

Just know it will get better...rest when you can, take it slow, keep sipping. :) it really is a true mantra! I keep saying it to myself!

Hopefully the nightmares will lessen as you wean off your meds, too. I'm happy to hear you ended up flying home! I cannot imagine if you had of driven that long way.

Just know it will get better...rest when you can, take it slow, keep sipping. :) it really is a true mantra! I keep saying it to myself!
I'm very glad I flew too, Resa! Driving would not have been a good way for me to go!

Oh, and the mantra re sipping - I only really understood it post-surgery. It still took awhile (and some discomfort) to really register though. When you are thirsty you often just want to gulp down some water. Uh, oh! Big mistake!

I just wish I could just focus on sipping and walking and resting as so many have suggested. My doctor sent me home with a ton of meds, so what I end up doing is sip, med, sip, med (x 10 approx), sip, try to sit or lie down as still as possibly to keep it all down, fail...and up it comes! At that point, I've just got through 1/3 of morning meds. Ugh! Tomorrow morning I'm going to go through all my meds to see what I can live without for now, or substitute for another form that I can keep down better.

omg @Parousia I've just now ventured out of my own thread. I'm sorry you have had such struggles!!! omg, where the planets aligned wrong or something?! Man. Sorry about the nightmares, I didn't have those, I had full on delusions and if one more nurse asked me if I was "feeling ok" I was going to punch. I still can't comprehend what was real and what was not. I'm glad we both made it to the other side ok. What a trip!

I feel kinda lucky that I have an already healed sleeve...whilst I can't gulp, I can take two horse pills with a nice swig.

Sorry I fell off the radar and wasn't a very good DS twin. I cannot believe I had an op at 644lbs, diabetic and a smoker without a glitch but change all of those things and I tried to die 3 or 4 different ways!! What gives man?

I hope you get some rest. That is the best right now. Rest and drink :)

omg @Parousia I've just now ventured out of my own thread. I'm sorry you have had such struggles!!! omg, where the planets aligned wrong or something?! Man. Sorry about the nightmares, I didn't have those, I had full on delusions and if one more nurse asked me if I was "feeling ok" I was going to punch. I still can't comprehend what was real and what was not. I'm glad we both made it to the other side ok. What a trip!

I feel kinda lucky that I have an already healed sleeve...whilst I can't gulp, I can take two horse pills with a nice swig.

Sorry I fell off the radar and wasn't a very good DS twin. I cannot believe I had an op at 644lbs, diabetic and a smoker without a glitch but change all of those things and I tried to die 3 or 4 different ways!! What gives man?

I hope you get some rest. That is the best right now. Rest and drink :)
Thanks @DuodenalSwitchaRoo and yeah...you have nothing to feel bad about! I, along with many others, was just very worried about you. It took me awhile to have enough energy to check in here myself, so I fully understand.

What kind of delusions did you have? In addition to the nightmares, I kept seeing spiders in the periphery of my vision. They were shadowy, and thank goodness I knew they weren't real else I would have been hysterical! I suspect they were the result of the high doses of narcotics I was on at the time.

These have been a tough few weeks, but things are getting better for me. Water no longer tastes as bitter as it did, and I can get it down more easily, most of the time. Pills are still a problem, but I've decided to stick with the absolute minimum as far as meds are concerned (basically, Nexium at this point), and focus on my supplements.

Anyway, hopefully the worst is over for both of us, and things will just get better from here on in!

Latest posts

Back