New Hope, New Life - My DS Journey

oh, my - rougher than we would have hoped. big warm hugs for making the effort to contact us when you were still feeling so poorly and I'm glad things are turning around.

so glad you made it, too!

oh, my - rougher than we would have hoped. big warm hugs for making the effort to contact us when you were still feeling so poorly and I'm glad things are turning around.

so glad you made it, too!
Thanks so much for your kind words, Jackie *Hugs*. I know how concerned I get when people go into surgery and we don't hear from/about them for awhile, so I wanted to check in as soon as possible. It was just harder than I had anticipated!

Oh, @Parousia I am so glad to hear from you! I'm sorry its been a rough one for you :( I am so relieved to know you are on the mend and out of the woods -- let us know when your labs come back improved, k? You have been on our minds since your surgery date and I know a lot of prayers have been sent up and critter swung on your behalf. Sip, walk, rest, repeat and all that -- we miss you
I've missed you guys too. I've lain in bed just wishing for the energy to get on my iPad and just chat and also ask questions. I know many in this group could help me more than anyone here (in the hospital), but I was just not up to it. I've also been worried about @DuodenalSwitchaRoo. I'm hoping there'll be some good news when I have a chance to read further on the board.

I'll let you know about my labs. All your thoughts and prayers have meant a lot to me. They were clearly needed with what I've been through! *Hugs*

Okay, looks like I'm not quite out of the woods yet. I asked my doctor for my labs and she seemed happy to give them to me and also said a CT scan was scheduled for me in the morning because my infection levels were quite high. But then, she disappeared. A couple of hours later another doctor came to say the CT scan had been moved to tonight because my infection levels (CRP) were very high. That would have been based on my latest labs. So that doesn't sound good at all. It's now 8:25 PM. I just hope I won't have too much longer to wait for the scan.

Update: Nurse just came in to say my CT scan will be at 10:45 PM (about 2 hrs from now). In the meantime, I get to drink a litre of Gastrographin - a delightful licorice flavoured syrupy concoction, created to tantalise every palate (well, a few, at least, I'm sure!)

Last edited:
@Parousia, I hope you are out of the woods very soon! May your lungs be clear and the licorice Gastrographin stay down! :) You are in our thoughts and we wish you the best!!!

It is so very hard to predict how we will feel after being run over by a Mack truck...twice...So glad you are now on the mend and back posting! Each day will get better. Just be patient with yourself and baby your new plumbing! Welcome to the Dark Side!:clapping:

Last edited:
Awwww you poor surgery twins! On different continents and both such struggles :-(. I wish you were within visiting range so I could come squeeze your hands or something....

Happy to hear you are home, do take it easy and keep hydrated above all else. Wishing you all the best on a boring recovery from here on out!

I was discharged from hospital on Monday, still feeling awful. I stayed with a friend in Melbourne on Tuesday, and left for the airport at 5 AM today (Wednesday). I'm now very happy to be back home again, in bed. My hubby (Jos) and toddler (Jayden) are driving home, and will be back tomorrow.
Great to hear you made it home! That alone made me feel so much better, I can imagine what a weight is lifted off you with all the travel behind you as well. I hope you continue to improve!

Latest posts

Back