My Switched Life so far

newanatomy

Today is day four for me. It is 5:30 p.m. I just finished my 4 ounces of home-made turkey broth which was quite tasty and filled my 32 ounce hospital cup for the second time today! Who is wonderful? I am!

Day four got in all my water plus two four-ounce servings of protein shake and two 7-ounce cups of tea. I had about an ounce of Greek yogurt today too. I feel pretty bloated and full but glad to be doing so well.

Yay you! I could not take in nearly so much at four days out. Sounds like you are doing great! Keep sipping and walking! Must've missed if you are home now?

Yes you are! That's fantastic progress. Put the priority on fluids and walking. The object of the game is to keep moving forward without setbacks. Yay you!!!!

Congratulations! I'm delighted you are doing so well! :) Hang in there, it's going to be so much better in a few weeks!

Aww shucks, you are all great! I am a little bloated so I may skip protein shakes tomorrow and stick with yogurt and chicken broth. We shall see how I feel. Walking and hydrating are good at least. Pain is manageable with Tylenol, not great but manageable. I save the good stuff for bed time, I want to be able to rest and I can't when I am hurting. My little incisions all seem to be doing well, only a couple that have bled a little bit. I changed the steri strips and I am sure they will be fine. I look forward to them falling off so that I can have a real girlie type bath.

Aww shucks, you are all great! I am a little bloated so I may skip protein shakes tomorrow and stick with yogurt and chicken broth. We shall see how I feel. Walking and hydrating are good at least. Pain is manageable with Tylenol, not great but manageable. I save the good stuff for bed time, I want to be able to rest and I can't when I am hurting. My little incisions all seem to be doing well, only a couple that have bled a little bit. I changed the steri strips and I am sure they will be fine. I look forward to them falling off so that I can have a real girlie type bath.
NA, the bloat may be caused by lactose...(yogurt) and check your protein...should be whey isolate and made with water for now. If a day or so of adjusting and the bloat is still there, try a different type of protein such as egg or soy based.

Pre-op I could handle ANY milk product on the planet...my favorite was whole milk. I got home from my DS and the first protein drink I had, I made with whole milk. I. HAVE. NEVER. BEEN. SO. MISERABLE in my entire life. I haven't touched whole milk as a drink since.

I can handle greek yogurt/cheese/creamer without issue. But drinking milk and ice cream are still misery makers. I also take a lactaid pill to help with the gas/bloat of lactose intolerance.

:nono:
NA, the bloat may be caused by lactose...(yogurt) and check your protein...should be whey isolate and made with water for now. If a day or so of adjusting and the bloat is still there, try a different type of protein such as egg or soy based.

Pre-op I could handle ANY milk product on the planet...my favorite was whole milk. I got home from my DS and the first protein drink I had, I made with whole milk. I. HAVE. NEVER. BEEN. SO. MISERABLE in my entire life. I haven't touched whole milk as a drink since.

I can handle greek yogurt/cheese/creamer without issue. But drinking milk and ice cream are still misery makers. I also take a lactaid pill to help with the gas/bloat of lactose intolerance.
southernlady, Today at 7:30 AM

Well I am not sure bloated is the right term. I had Greek yogurt. No milk of any kind. My protein powder is whey protein isolate. I think I just moved a little too fast with the protein shake. :nono:

Day 5:

I slept for about 5 1/2 hours last night. I woke early in a lot of pain, took a couple of Tylenol and back to bed. Slept for another 3 hours and am still pretty sore.
Breakfast this morning: 4 ounces of ZOI Greek yogurt, honey flavored.

Latest posts

Back