My (Robs), New Update 7+ Months Post-Op

Wow Rob - your progress is amazing and you're already at your original goal! CONGRATULATIONS!! I can relate to so much in your post. My husband and kids are shocked by how much I eat now. Leftovers are awesome so I don't have to cook every meal. My inner fat voice is still here too and won't let me get rid of any of my clothes yet. I just keep expecting to start the regain at any minute. It's so great to hear you are active and living your life! I'm so happy for you! :D Congrats on "Grisweld" too! ;)

Hey Jen, got a news flash for ya darling……You can’t gain all that weight back. Your shorter pipes won’t allow it:D….Take a deeeep breath and just go THROW ALL THOSE CLOTHES OUT….lol I’ve donated FOUR different times already in descending waves to a disabled veteran group. That’s the one thing I have no fear of, and yes, I know it’s hard to re-train our brain to realize that, but…….jus sayin, you can do it;).

Awesome! Just be prepared for still more changes with food aversions in the future, meaning that you will probably have less aversions as time goes on. For example, it was a long, long time before I could eat hamburger. Steak no problem, but couldn't manage hamburger. And I love hamburgers! But eventually I got to where I could eat and enjoy them again.
Keep up the great work!

Thxs Ma'am! You know Larra, that's about the one thing I miss the most....is a BIG FAT JUICY HAMBURGER! It sounds good, it looks good, but, when I take the first bite, it just sends me in to a nose dive..lol I'm hoping I will be like what yours did and it will come back eventually.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and cannot wait to get that energy myself! It's hard to adjust to all the food now. Though, my app says am at about 2200 most days and inner fat girl thinks, uh-oh, am trying to relax and focus on the proteins and fat. Like you, I ate very little, though, always breakfast and lunch, and still gained. Got so sick of doctors and others telling about calories in and out, and felling like everyone was sure I had a stash of cookies everywhere. Finally, feel like this surgery fixed whatever was broken.

Am so glad you are feeling energy and living the life you were meant to live. A neighbor said the other day that she wished she was big enough to do it the easy way and have the surgery to lose weight. I told her it isn't easy, it was a necessity to fix the thing that kept the weight coming on even though not enough calories were going in to create it. This was not the size that was meant to be and this needed fixing like any other medical problem.

Some foods are difficult for me, as well. When husband cooks sausage, the smell is nauseating! However, love bacon and any fatty meat these days. Chicken, which I used to love is difficult to choke down these days. It's just too dry. Love spam and pork ribs (the fattier, the better) but, I do not like ham, either.

Keep loving life and enjoying your new well being!

Thank you @newwomanin2015! Isn't it just weird how those food aversions work! I used to live in grilled chicken breasts, and like you cant even get close to it. But, yeah, just pick the things you can do and run with it. It sounds like you are doing well too!

You are doing incredibly well Rob. I am very happy for you, and I must admit slightly jealous because you are really living life. Hopefully once I fully heal from my revision and infection (BTW I just found out from some lab results that I saw the other day that they said I was Septic when in hospital for the infection...nobody told me that) I get back my energy and will be able start building back muscle mass.

One point on the not wanting to go below 230. I know you may not want that, but your body and DS in particular is going to take you where it will. You are kind of along for the ride, but from what I hear those numerous years out, you will bounce back.

Thank you Scott! You are 10000% correct. I wish I could and am trying to control my descending rate, but, yes I know, I’m not in charge. I also asked my Surgeon, Dr. Wilson (whom by the way has turned out to be an EXCELLENT DS Surgeon and there are almost none in Houston), just last week about a “stopping point”, finish line etc, because at my rate of descent, with no curve, I should be able to stand-in for “Skeletor” just in time for Halloween!

He said, “Your body will stop when its ready and it will adapt” and he told me not to worry. I then asked him what is the mechanism or body change, what happens that takes place in our body and or our intestines during this “adaptation”? His answer was….”We don’t know, it just does, your body adapts”…..WTF, I really wish someone could tell me, just because I LOVE to learn how everything works. I was impressed though that he admitted that they do not know which is rare for any Dr. to do. So, again, I re-iterate to everyone how much I really like, respect and admire my Surgeon, Dr. Erik Wilson, he really is my hero!!

So….guess only time will tell and I truly have resigned myself to the fact that I am just along for the ride.

Sounds as if you're doing a great job.

I wasn't used to eating regularly, either. It took me a while to get used to scheduling 3 meals per day. I resented it. But I retrained myself (I don't mean I just eat 3 meals a day. I eat much more, but I ensure I get breakfast, lunch & dinner).

As for the food aversions, the only things that bothered me (the first year) were tomato sauce and sausages (not together). Once that passed, that was it. I never had an issue with anything else.

Once you realize who you are and what you really look like, it'll make life so much easier. Just to wake up and get dressed. Not have to think about it. Pass a window on the street, see your reflection and realize it's you! And then the secret smile....

Wow, thank you @aaa for sharing your perspective, really great info. I also just looked at your pic history....absolutely amazing. So, yeah I can see where there were still a lot of changes between the 9 month and 1 and 2 yr mark. I can see where you might think your done, but your really not and those pics show all the progression. GREAT JOB!

Fantastic, Rob...love the NSV's

Thank you Liz! Your site and the GREAT people on here have all been major stakeholders in helping to "properly direct" me to all the right paths along this journey. I don't minimize the importance of any of this and will be forever grateful and indebted to you all for helping to help me have a better and longer happier higher quality of life. It really is an order of that magnitude!

YAAAY Rob! And you were the one person whose DS wasn't going to work!!!!!

Thank you @Munchkin ! Ive never been so happy to be so wrong about something! I thought for sure that because I WAS a self diagnosed "Super Absorber", that I would only have limited success. I never thought that the "Man Factor" that you always refer to would apply to me....But, it damn sure did! No pics yet, I'll probably do that when I think I can see "bottom" so to speak.

Hey @robs477, did you see me wave yesterday? I was in Houston. I am in Katy for a few days visiting my hubby's mom. I will wave again on the 15th when we head to the airport. XO!

Hey @robs477, did you see me wave yesterday? I was in Houston. I am in Katy for a few days visiting my hubby's mom. I will wave again on the 15th when we head to the airport. XO!

WHAT!!!! WTF??? You need to get in touch with me and maybe we can have a visit! I really am "Normal"...lol, you can ask Diana, Larra, Cathy, etc. For real! Maybe even come to our house for dinner??

Lol, I trust that you are completely normal! I would absolutely love to meet you. Maybe on our next visit here. We are so booked this time. Just trying to fit in so much with his mom.

11990578_871743399573047_5961597304003991053_n.jpg

Thank you Scott! You are 10000% correct. I wish I could and am trying to control my descending rate, but, yes I know, I’m not in charge. I also asked my Surgeon, Dr. Wilson (whom by the way has turned out to be an EXCELLENT DS Surgeon and there are almost none in Houston), just last week about a “stopping point”, finish line etc, because at my rate of descent, with no curve, I should be able to stand-in for “Skeletor” just in time for Halloween!

He said, “Your body will stop when its ready and it will adapt” and he told me not to worry. I then asked him what is the mechanism or body change, what happens that takes place in our body and or our intestines during this “adaptation”? His answer was….”We don’t know, it just does, your body adapts”…..WTF, I really wish someone could tell me, just because I LOVE to learn how everything works. I was impressed though that he admitted that they do not know which is rare for any Dr. to do. So, again, I re-iterate to everyone how much I really like, respect and admire my Surgeon, Dr. Erik Wilson, he really is my hero!!

So….guess only time will tell and I truly have resigned myself to the fact that I am just along for the ride.
I believe the "body adapts" concept as well. When I had my revision Dr K showed me pathology from a patient who needed revised and had all 3 sections of SB. The BPL cells had clearly atrophied and it was interesting to see the other two limbs. The AL was strong but not as strong as the CC. Obviously the body had compensated.

BTW, do you know your 3 lengths?

I believe the "body adapts" concept as well. When I had my revision Dr K showed me pathology from a patient who needed revised and had all 3 sections of SB. The BPL cells had clearly atrophied and it was interesting to see the other two limbs. The AL was strong but not as strong as the CC. Obviously the body had compensated.

BTW, do you know your 3 lengths?

Only know that he said he did the CC at 110. I need to get the surgeons report, been going to do that, just keep forgeting.

Only know that he said he did the CC at 110. I need to get the surgeons report, been going to do that, just keep forgeting.
Sounds good. It is good to have the report for reference

Interesting to note my issue was AL too short

Latest posts

Back