My name is Cristine

Cristine

i had a revision from a RNY to a loop ds on marchj 30th performed by Dr. Coirin at modesto memeorai. i had the revistion because i have fibromyalgia and chronic fatgue syndrome and was getting worse every day almost house bound. the hope is that this surgery will help with my health.

i love my surgeon he and his staff are wonderful but wha i have discovered is that they treat this and ds as the same procedure as far as diet is concerned and from what i have read the diet is very different.

Hello and welcome @Cristine ! Congratulations on a successful procedure. Little is known about what diet is appropriate for Loop/SADI/SIPS surgery given that it is still experimental - there just aren't long term veterans who can share dietary tips. That said, there will be and hopefully you will be one who will stick around and help new Loopers in the coming years as you gain experience. With my understanding the anatomy of the Loop/SADI/SIPS versus the Proper/Full DS, as the Loop/SADI/SIPS doesn't feature significant selective fat malabsorption, patients would likely need to be on a far more restrictive, limited fat diet than traditional DS'ers. So, I'd recommend taking a low fat, low carb, high protein approach with lab testing to support nutrient/vitamin supplementation.

i had a revision from a RNY to a loop ds on marchj 30th performed by Dr. Coirin at modesto memeorai. i had the revistion because i have fibromyalgia and chronic fatgue syndrome and was getting worse every day almost house bound. the hope is that this surgery will help with my health.

i love my surgeon he and his staff are wonderful but wha i have discovered is that they treat this and ds as the same procedure as far as diet is concerned and from what i have read the diet is very different.
Welcome

I hope your surgeon didn't sell you the SADI as a DS, because it is not the DS. Additionally, I also hope he didn't try to submit it to insurance as a DS because you could be left holding the bag for that bill.

I wish you well.

Latest posts

Back