My first ambulance ride! (Graphic)

well?? well?? is it out? are you all better? Enquiring minds want to know.

It is out. I am recovering rapidly...I think. Just hoping it "sticks."

We will wait and watch. Passing the stone fragments that the stent was obstructing may hurt...but they should fit. The remaining biggie is about 1.4mm and residing in the lower part of the left kidney and, we hope, might just continue to sit there while we give me time to get over this mess. I see him in another 7-10 days.

Felt strong enough to go to breakfast right after the stent came out...just not strong enough to hold my coffee, which I poured all over my sister. I was still quite shaky. Didn't eat much, but went through the motions.

Kept an appointment--one I've been trying to get since February--wth my new podiatrist. She was cool. And after that, Mr Sue and I met up with MiniSue's bf and the MiniMiniSue, age six, who listened attentively and asked, "Was your sister mad when you poured coffee on her?"

I am MUCH, MUCH BETTER than I have been in a week.

I guess I have to keep takng the lousy Cipro, though. No one called to tell me it was the wrong drug.

Well it sounds like a move in the right direction and you have to love the little ones. :D

I am glad you got some relief and I hope it gets better. My stone was 1.2MM so maybe I am not quite as big a pussy as I thought since your big one is 1.4mm. You are a hell of a lot tougher than me so if 1.4MM hurts you then I don't feel as bad for feeling pain on 1.2mm. :D

Well it sounds like a move in the right direction and you have to love the little ones. :D

I am glad you got some relief and I hope it gets better. My stone was 1.2MM so maybe I am not quite as big a pussy as I thought since your big one is 1.4mm. You are a hell of a lot tougher than me so if 1.4MM hurts you then I don't feel as bad for feeling pain on 1.2mm. :D

Either one is too big to pass.

The limit is around 6-7 mm, from what I've read.,

Right now, we are willing that one big stone to stay where it is for a while.

mine came out through the stent and I never felt it pass. I was told the worst part was it coming out of the kidney.

BTW when when he went to get that thing and pushed it back into the kidney, the URO said my ureters between the bladder and kidney were very messed up and had an almost 45 degree angle that made thing tough to get through. That makes me wonder what will happen if I have another stone, which BTW every CT I have had since then says I have a big one but it is not obstructing and not moving.....so I know that bastage is going to decide to move one of these days and I am not looking forward to it because that was some breath taking sharp pain with the first one before they got me all hepped up on the dialaudid in the hospital for 3 days.

Glad you're feeling a bit stronger though hear that a good cup of coffee went to waste.

My last few sets of scans have included a notation that one of my kidneys is malrotated. I had assumed this was a result of prenatal development weirdness or gut readjustment surgeries, but now I understand that it is bowing in deference to you. Hang in there, Sue!

Glad you're feeling a bit stronger though hear that a good cup of coffee went to waste.

My last few sets of scans have included a notation that one of my kidneys is malrotated. I had assumed this was a result of prenatal development weirdness or gut readjustment surgeries, but now I understand that it is bowing in deference to you. Hang in there, Sue!

Awwww.

In addition to her endometriosis, septate uterus and multiple fibroids, my poor daughter's constellation of Mullerian defects (embryological malformations of the genitourinary system) include having FOUR essentially normal looking ureters, all patent and functional - the two on each side meet at a Y just above her bladder (so only the normal two ducts into the bladder) - I told her it's good to have a spare pair. But I sure hope she never needs them! Knock wood, of all the medical crap we inherited from our parents, nobody has had a kidney stone that I know about.

I'm also happy to hear you're on your way to feeling better. Before I got my big stone blasted, I was having trouble eating due to the nausea. I have no idea why I had nausea due to a kidney stone as I didn't have a UTI. I lost weight as well. Happily, it all came back. According to the BMI and other questionable measurements, I was fine. The reality was much different.

Latest posts

Back