My 5 day countdown to DS in Mexico

Hope all went well with your surgery and that you're resting comfortably. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery!!

I am doing astonishingly well. Just feels like I've done 100 sit ups. I would have posted sooner but I've been in morphine narcolepsy. This surgeon has to be fantastic since everyone who has used him and posted here has said the same thing. I don't even have surgical gas pain. And I'm 5 years younger than God so I thought it would be harder.

Alert the media! Tonight I'm allowed a sip of water. It'll be like Dom Perignon to me.

It's been 10 minutes. Morpheus calls...

More later

I am doing astonishingly well. Just feels like I've done 100 sit ups. I would have posted sooner but I've been in morphine narcolepsy. This surgeon has to be fantastic since everyone who has used him and posted here has said the same thing. I don't even have surgical gas pain. And I'm 5 years younger than God so I thought it would be harder.

Alert the media! Tonight I'm allowed a sip of water. It'll be like Dom Perignon to me.

More later
Glad to hear from you. Now, remember (when you can), sip, walk, rest, rinse and repeat.

More later

YAY!!! I knew you'd take it like a champ!
I barely had there wherewithal to send a text to my family until the 2nd day so I definitely know what you mean about the morphine narcolepsy LOL

Yep, the water will be like the nectar of the Gods. The Gatorade, not so much although they do have a tropical one (mango maybe?) that isn't half bad. The tea is really good too. I loved the tea :) The chicken broth will appear soon too and that's quite the event. I had a love-hate relationship with it but it never went unfinished LOL

You know the routine - sip and walk, walk and sip. Challenge Dr. Campos to a game of handball in the hallways or something ;)
Relax (not hard right now, is it? lol) and prepare for your new life on the loser's bench.
You done good :D

Awesome news! Sending you wishes for a very speedy and uneventful recovery. Enjoy the sips of water and Gatorade, rest, and walk and repeat.

Glad you are doing well! Remember top priority once the IV's are removed is to remain well-hydrated. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Day 3 and I thought I would be better. Morphine stopped. I awoke to an infiltrated IV and my hand fingers and arm blown up to inhuman proportions. I could barely gag down the inky blue dye for a leak test. Every drop of water or tea sends my stomach in to spasms of uncomfortable cramping but the IV is out so gotta sip regardless. They say that should pass by tomorrow. And I'm getting a bit of a cough. Tomorrow is barium swallow test. Sorry I'm a bit cranky today.

Everyone here is very nice and competent. No complaints about that.

I have 100cc and 200 alimentary, and loose stapled 37 bougie for the number lovers among you.

More later

Ugh, the blue dye was not much fun. Knowing that there wasn't a leak made it all worthwhile, however. Sorry you're having spasms... your stomach (what's left of it) is quite angry with you now but it will settle down soon. Hopefully VERY soon!

Don't worry about being cranky - for goodness sake, you just had major surgery! Nobody expects you to be Mary Poppins right now! LOL

Each day is one day closer to being totally healed so hang in there. We are all cheering you on!

Thanks @BebeZed theres 2liters of mucus and saliva traveling to ones stomach everyday - how can it possibly object to a half teaspoon of water?? Oh well this too shall pass

Hang in there @Clematis it will get better every day from here on out.... And please sip away, no matter how hard it is, staying hydrated is key to recovery.

Thanks @BebeZed theres 2liters of mucus and saliva traveling to ones stomach everyday - how can it possibly object to a half teaspoon of water?? Oh well this too shall pass

It doesn't make much sense, does it?
Unfortunately there are a few small hurdles to get past while healing, and this is one. And then there's the process of learning what one can and cannot eat without your digestive system going nuclear on you - I'm dealing with that now. But the inconvenience is totally worth it!

Keep your eyes on the prize and like I said, we're all rooting for ya!

Latest posts

Back