Jillc's Journey

As I read about your flight I couldnt help but think that soon you will run thru airports with ease and airline seats will seem huge to you.

Sending good Canadian thoughts for an easy and successful surgery.

Now know what a 'Jug Handle' is. @Elizabeth N. had told me that they don't make left turns in New Jersey, and she's right!
Speaking of Elizabeth N., she and @Barbara met up with my mother and me.
I'm very thankful for all of the help I've received so far. I've asked @Elizabeth N. to keep you posted on my condition.
Great day, but at nine p.m. I'm totally knackered! Goodnight all!
LOL my husband and I call those, Michigan Lefts. Cause that is where WE first ran into them.

Thanks everyone. We (my Mom and I) are all settled now. I had a tight connection in Montreal, but I power walked/ran(ish) to the other connection huffing and puffing. My flight from Calgary was delayed/late. The upside was that half the flight from Montreal to Newark was empty so I could stop 'holding in' as I had 2 seats to myself. :D
I landed before Mom. Got my bearings and waited for her to land. Our rental got upgraded to a Ford Mustang (low slung - that's going to be fun after the surgery).
We *know* that we are in Mount Holly NJ at our hotel, in theory. But if we were body snatched in the middle of the night and moved, I doubt we would know the difference at this point.
Pre-op tomorrow with Greenbaum.
Thank you all for your well wishes!
I'm excited for you! This will all be a blur, in a few skinny months. Good luck, not that you'll need it.

So glad we were able to connect! Your mom is a firecracker :).
Thanks so much for meeting us - we really enjoyed meeting you and you've been so amazing!! xx

As I read about your flight I couldnt help but think that soon you will run thru airports with ease and airline seats will seem huge to you.

Sending good Canadian thoughts for an easy and successful surgery.
Thank you so much

LOL my husband and I call those, Michigan Lefts. Cause that is where WE first ran into them.
:D

I'm excited for you! This will all be a blur, in a few skinny months. Good luck, not that you'll need it.
Thanks I hope that I don't need any luck - getting very nervous now!!

Thanks @Barb1
Today Mom and I practiced the route to the hospital and did some shopping. I filled my prescription (PPI, pain killers and nausea meds for after the surgery). The wonderful pharmacist came up to me and asked if she could only fill part of the prescription since I was from Canada and could get meds cheaper up there. I told her that I was down here for awhile so I would have to bite the bullet and buy them. She managed to get me some discounts (somehow, not sure how). My prescription which would have originally cost me $250 only cost me $45! Wow. Nice people here :D
Tomorrow it's clear fluids only. I go in early on Monday am to get a PICC line put in and my surgery is in the afternoon. Getting slightly freaked out now....

You know Jill I was throwing up so much before my revision that I couldn't wait to have a normal life. I don't remember freaking out as much as I was excited to get the show on the road! It took me a while but life is pretty damn good! You are going to do great! As for as the discount on meds I know my Walgreens had some real good discounts to when I didn't have insurance. It really depends on what you are being prescribed. I am glad they where able to help you out! Yuck on the clear fluids and the wait until the surgery in the after noon.

@Barb1 I am so hoping that I can stop vomiting so often. I am excited, but just nervous about complications as I'm self-pay. I'm also worried about my mother who is with me and a worrier. It's going to be so stressful for her.
I made some jello and bought some peppermint tea along with broth so I should be ok tomorrow.
Thanks for the confidence! I hope it all goes well :D

You have a great surgeon Jill so I don't think you should worry about complications but I totally understand being nervous and the anxiety! I am the queen of anxiety! I can also relate to being worried about your mom. My sister was with me and not feeling well so I worried more about her than me. It will be over before you know it.

@jillc Wonderful to meet you and your mom. I know you're going to do great! I will check in with Elizabeth N. for updates. If your mom needs ANYTHING she has my number. I am 15 minutes away. Hope we can get together again before you leave. I'm so excited for you!

So, today was pretty chill. Practiced the route to the hospital, bought a nightie (my usual sleep wear are short capri sweats and a tank top) and a housecoat at Wal Mart. Went to Wegmans for Mom's meals.
Btw, I sent at thank you email into Wegman's about their lovely pharmacist. I didn't mention the discounts just in case she broke/warped some rules to get them. They emailed back and said they had forwarded it on to her manager. :D
Also this week I was running a competition on a website for a new cover for an upcoming novel under a pseudonym. Chose the winner today and I'm very happy with the design.
So, all I need to do now is to try not to stress out too much.
Thanks again for all of your support, I really appreciate it (esp @Elizabeth N. & @Barbara - ty!)

Latest posts

Back