Jillc's Journey

jillc

Okay- it is 5 am and I'm sitting in the airport, waiting to board my flight to Montreal which connects to Newark!
I had a phone screening yesterday I which the very lovely woman with a heavy NJ accent thought it was "so cute" that I was Canadian :)
Have a pre-op appt on Fri and surgery on Monday.
Looking forward to meeting @Elizabeth N. and @Barbara

Yay safe journey! I trust the flight delays and issues will be all smoothed out by now. Beware, the Jersey drivers freak out at the mere thought of snow. It's been non-stop news for two days that we're getting a bit of sleet and a smattering of white stuff up north OH HORRORS. You'll laugh your ass off at the degree of fretting over sub freezing temps in November-December :p.

Best wishes for a safe and successful surgery!! Keep us posted, of have someone do it for you.

Thanks everyone. We (my Mom and I) are all settled now. I had a tight connection in Montreal, but I power walked/ran(ish) to the other connection huffing and puffing. My flight from Calgary was delayed/late. The upside was that half the flight from Montreal to Newark was empty so I could stop 'holding in' as I had 2 seats to myself. :D
I landed before Mom. Got my bearings and waited for her to land. Our rental got upgraded to a Ford Mustang (low slung - that's going to be fun after the surgery).
We *know* that we are in Mount Holly NJ at our hotel, in theory. But if we were body snatched in the middle of the night and moved, I doubt we would know the difference at this point.
Pre-op tomorrow with Greenbaum.
Thank you all for your well wishes!

@jillc

Welcome to NJ!!! Can t wait to meet you and your mom. Call when ready.@ Elizabeth N. you have my numbers call anytime

Well today went well - had my pre-op appointment. Reminded Dr. Greenbaum that we agreed on a 75 cm common channel. Mom and I found our way to the surgeon's office and the hospital. Now know what a 'Jug Handle' is. @Elizabeth N. had told me that they don't make left turns in New Jersey, and she's right!
Speaking of Elizabeth N., she and @Barbara met up with my mother and me.
I'm very thankful for all of the help I've received so far. I've asked @Elizabeth N. to keep you posted on my condition.
Great day, but at nine p.m. I'm totally knackered! Goodnight all!

Latest posts

Back