Jillc's Journey

Wonderful news! And thank you to EN for keeping us posted, and for keeping Mom company on a difficult day.

Hi everyone - was released from the hospital on schedule. Thankfully all is going well. Lots of incisional pain and surgery pain, but I'm sipping!

Had a major bout of nausea on Wednesday evening. Wouldn't go away, and the nausea meds made it worse. I was having an adverse reaction to the Zofran. They put me on a transdermal Scopolmine patch and Promethazine. Which alleviated some of the nausea, but I was so out of it for lack of rest that I was not very communicative. They changed out the Promethazine for Reglan, and that seems to be working well.

@Elizabeth N. was a great help to Mom, and I am very thankful she was there and Mom didn't have to go it alone.

So now, just walking and sipping. On clear fluids until Monday and then change to full fluids.

Thanks for all of your support I really appreciate it.

Hi everyone - was released from the hospital on schedule. Thankfully all is going well. Lots of incisional pain and surgery pain, but I'm sipping!

Had a major bout of nausea on Wednesday evening. Wouldn't go away, and the nausea meds made it worse. I was having an adverse reaction to the Zofran. They put me on a transdermal Scopolmine patch and Promethazine. Which alleviated some of the nausea, but I was so out of it for lack of rest that I was not very communicative. They changed out the Promethazine for Reglan, and that seems to be working well.

@Elizabeth N. was a great help to Mom, and I am very thankful she was there and Mom didn't have to go it alone.

So now, just walking and sipping. On clear fluids until Monday and then change to full fluids.

Thanks for all of your support I really appreciate it.
YAY so glad to hear you got out on time! I'll give you a call either later today or tomorrow.

I know some have had bad reactions to reglan, but it was the only thing that helped me in the beginning. The nausea and reflux was completely overwhelming and turned into vomiting for a few days, but the reglan got it all moving south!

Sounds like you're doing great, esp for a major revision surgery. Keep it up!

Jill, Glad to hear you've been released, albeit with a few bumps along the road. It will get easier every day. Wishing you all the best! Hilary

I'm very happy for you and your progress and success! How cool is that for EN to come and help you and your Mom. What a wonderful group of people!

@robs477, the support has been amazing! Thanks everyone.
Today has been the first day that I think my brain is operating close to a normal level. My walking, although still very tiring does not resemble a shuffling hunchback's - I'm becoming more upright.
Sipping tons. Not sleeping well yet though. I have managed to get a few 1 to 1.5 hour naps in over night and a couple during the day. So i'm not sleep deprived, just not totally comfortable.
I see Greenbaum on Tuesday and hopefully will get my drain out then. There is hardly anything coming out of it, so I think it should come out.
Using less of the anti-nausea and pain meds, but still need them more often than not.

Thanks again for all of your support xo

Had my follow up appt with Dr Greenbaum today and got my drain out (what a relief!!). And I'm cleared to fly. We've booked for Thursday. Just over two weeks in and out. I am now on the phone with the airline trying to get our seating changed - and we've been bumped to business class for the longest flight. :)
Feeling not too bad. A bit tired today and not full of tons of energy but walking a lot and getting alot of water in and at least 30 grams of protein per day.
Weighed in at the appt. My SW was 325 and I'm down 11. That's nice, but I don't care about my weight right now. I have a subsequent phone appt set up with Greenbaum in 2 weeks.

Again, I'm very grateful to everyone. This hasn't been smooth as silk and I've had my pity parties in the past few days, but each day is getting just a bit better than the last.

Edited to make SW 325, not 225 - oops

Last edited:
I am glad they are accommodating you for just having had surgery on your flight. Don't worry about any pity parties, it's your party you can cry if you want to. Surgery isn't for sissies especially a revision. Take care, get home safe.

Jill--feel like a terrible support for you and your mom. Haven't been this sick in years. So glad to here you'v e been released. Off to sun and warm weather. Sounds ideal for a full recovery. Please PM me your addresses. I am a good pen pal! Safe journey. My best to your mom. Barbara

Latest posts

Back