Jillc's Journey

Congrats on your progress, Jill! You look great!! I hope things start working out for you on the job front. I can definitely see those collarbones! :D

You look good! I see the difference esp in your face. Isn't that always the way it is, that the weight seems to disappear from the top down? Don't worry, the rest will follow.
I hope the job stuff improves, but it sounds like you have a Plan B if it doesn't.

Wow, that's quite a difference. You look great! I think because we see ourselves every day, we can be a bit blind to how much change there has been. You're brain will eventually catch up.

As far as carrying the weight well, I happen to think that may be a benefit. I too carried it well as far as being evenly proportioned and fairly compact/firm. I had my surgery at 43yo, and feel like my skin issues were minor for my age and weight. At 50, I'm not going to be a bikini model, but I'd have been OK living with my post weight loss body. I did have have some nips/tucks, but it was because I was able to. I'd have been fine with with the resulting skin. I know age and genetics and highest bmi and how long all affect how it comes off, but I'm certain that those of us that carried the bulk well have a definite advantage after it comes off.

Good luck on the job stuff too. Even that is easier without the excess weight.

Wow! You look fabulous. Congratulations on finding your collarbones and making those striking eyes take center stage even more! Hope the oil industry stabilizes but am super glad you are spending the year on massage - a really difficult but incredibly helpful profession.

Congratulations on your success so far! I started reading this thread from the beginning, and it seems like you have had quite a journey! I live in West Texas myself, and although me and my DH do not work for the oil companies, we are noticing the big drops as well. Here's to hoping it comes back around soon! For both you and @robs477 who mentioned he worked in the industry too!

Well today is my one year surgiversary.
SW 325.4
CW 198.8
GW around 170 - I'll see how I feel in 10 lbs.
Major lessons of the year- I have to experiment all the time. What worked for my body last week may not work for my body this week. For instance, I stalled out, barely losing anything once I started massaging again (I'm a Registered Massage Therapist)
Have recently discovered that I need more carbs because of the physical work.
But that may change next week- my body is a stubborn b*tch and changes the rules often. And it never sends me a memo.
Other lesson- watch your body. When you're not losing, you might be losing inches.
P.S. Many thanks to @Elizabeth N. For her support to my stressed out Mom and @Barbara too! And of course all of you on this forum who have been with me since the beginning.And @Larra for helping me find this place!image.jpeg

Wow, you look amazing, healthy and I love your smile! Your eyes just *pop* now. Beautiful.

Latest posts

Back