is it hot where you are?

@Elizabeth N. Ooh that's too bad about you heading back to NJ on Labor Day. I work usually 4 weeks on, 1 week off but am going to a writing conference :) and then flying down to Phoenix to go to Mexico for dental work :( on my days off in August.

I love that Canada has socialized medicine, but the dentist's are thieves. Been going down there for years for dental.

When do you come back to MT?

That's what people use to say when I lived in Las Vegas, it's dry heat. All the while it is baking your brains out and melting your tires on the roads. I left there for a roa trip once an it was 102 at 3 am. LOL Although, I do have trouble with humidity and feel like I can't breath when it is hot and humid.

isn't that the truth - yep, hot is still like an oven even if dry and hot with humidity is a whole nother circle of hell.

when I moved here people were honestly puzzled when I said it felt humid because it isn't compared to the rest of Oregon. but recently I met a couple from Georgia and I asked what they thought about the humidity. they shook their heads over how dry it felt, said their lips were chapping something awful.

84 degrees here in Myrtle Beach, SC. Much much cooler than yesterday - high of 93, I think.

@Elizabeth N. Ooh that's too bad about you heading back to NJ on Labor Day. I work usually 4 weeks on, 1 week off but am going to a writing conference :) and then flying down to Phoenix to go to Mexico for dental work :( on my days off in August.

I love that Canada has socialized medicine, but the dentist's are thieves. Been going down there for years for dental.

When do you come back to MT?
Next year in late June :).

We have had a couple of nice days yesterday and today. High today was 78 with very low humidity. It will heat up a bit each day until it's back up to around 90 next week.

Had to comment about a very strange day today. It was lovely out 29 Celcius (according to Google, that's 84).Here are some pics I took a couple of days ago during similar weather.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qweghvp4honb1x/10526120_10152171949151496_598249043305362715_n.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mevn8gcl057t8j5/10478208_10152171949141496_6725440784131193431_n.jpg

Then it started raining out on the rig, and lightning hit the lease, right in front of the Directional Driller's/Geologist's Command Center. Fried the rig's Pason system (computer software and communication system). I was about 20 feet away. Scary monsters!

And then it started hailing. The hail stones were golf ball sized. Mother nature is pissy today....
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9q8i9xqp1nznl55/AAD5kdzCJZgvqhrpc8F-xFqta

Thankfully no one was hurt. I'm doubly thankful because I'm the medic out here. Any day I don't have to do that part of my job is a good day.

(Yes, it's much milder here in the winter... but the tradeoff is... NO central heat, and it can get down to the thirties at night! We have a space heater on the wall, but it costs a fortune to run, even for just 5-6 hours a day, so... no heat at all for me. Typically I've been sitting around the house bundled up trying to job search with frozen fingers, haha.).

Latest posts

Back