Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all. I'm Misty. I'm a recent DSer. I had surgery July 22 of this year. I'm 4 weeks post-op and am doing well. I had surgery with Dr. Hazem Elariny.

I'm terrible at introductions but figured since I'm often on the site learning from the vets, I should make myself official. ;)

Hello to all. I'm Misty. I'm a recent DSer. I had surgery July 22 of this year. I'm 4 weeks post-op and am doing well. I had surgery with Dr. Hazem Elariny.

I'm terrible at introductions but figured since I'm often on the site learning from the vets, I should make myself official. ;)
Welcome! I haven't heard your surgeon's name in a while, so it's good that you are here and can answer questions about his office, staff, bedside manner....that kind of thing.

So....that kind of makes you a vet, too.

Last edited:
@ShiftedSanity : If I was having a virgin DS, I'd be all set, not being able to work and being on Medicaid. However, there are no vetted DS revision surgeons close to me :frown: . But thank you for the welcome, and I will "keep on swimming, keep on swimming, etc."
Barb

Babs71958
I wish you all the best in your fight...I know just how frustrating it is to be put on back burner. I know the everyday struggles and the mental beatdown "the system" can present to a person...... (why is it that the same people that denied you surgery will help you with other co-morbidity issues.....thats like painting the walls before you fix the leak in the roof that messed up the walls... wtf)..... I was not aware of the time frame for revisions with our countries care package. That said.....I pray the currents are in your favor and the swimming becomes easier.... best of luck finding your way to post op....I know your painn all too well.... JUST DONT GIVE UP
Shifty out

I'm Patty from Oregon.

I posted on OH for several years. I made many friends there and still am FB friends with many from the BMI > 50 board, but I was not in the right mindset for surgery.

Now I am.

This week I finally turned in the 15 page application for WLS at Salem Hospital and was immediately rejected. I was too fat - told my BMI and weight (430) was out of their parameters.. I broke down and cried - I felt so rejected after I had finally reached out for help. I waited while my local hospital became a COE so that I didn't have to travel and could attend local support groups. I was referred to Legacy in Portland (OWLS) by Salem hospital and I hope I qualify. I wanted to have surgery locally, not in Portland. It's only an hour's drive, but I get lost every time I go to Portland.

I thought I wanted a sleeve, but in the last few days I realized that maybe all my surgery procrastination over the last 7 years was due to the fact that it's not the right surgery for me.
I found this site due to a referral from larra over at OH.

Hi Patty

:welcomeboard:

wow, how ironic they think you are too large for WLS - and stupid, I guess. but the main thing is you figure out the right surgery and then find a surgeon and details like the driving will be worked out.

glad to see you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back