Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start....I am Elizabeth, aka southernlady or southernlady5464 depending on where else you may know me.

My husband and I both had weight loss surgery (the Duodenal Switch) about 3 years ago. He had his 3 year surgiversary in Dec, mine is the end of this month.

We live in Western North Carolina near family. But we are emtpy nesters...okay except for all the furchildren (6 cats and 2 dogs). I'm 59 years old.

I was on 11 medications pre-op including an insulin pump as I WAS an insulin pump dependent type 2 diabetic. Now, I maintain a 100% EWL, am on only 2 prescription medications (both unrelated to needing surgery). The insulin pump is long history.

I chose the DS for two reasons, I needed to be able to take NSAIDS as I have severe arthritis in my back. And I wanted the BEST shot at resolving my diabetes.

Come introduce yourself!
Welcome to this forum... I am new here. I think you enjoy here.

Hello everyone! I am Christina and am clpeltz just about everywhere. I had RNY in May of 2008 and then had a revision to DS in April of 2011 with Dr. Henry Buchwald in MN. I was dumb and went with the flow with my first wls. I didn't research...just picked a seminar, went to it and had surgery. I do my best to advise people to research all their options before choosing their surgeon. Think twice, cut once. Revisions are no fun. Anywho...at my highest (pre RNY) I reached about 320. Was 280 when I had the RNY. Got to 192 for about a minute and started to regain no matter what. Was 250 day of my revision to DS. I am currently in the mid 160's and holding steady. I had a pannilectomy/abdominoplasty on Dec 2, 2013. They removed 6 lbs of skin and I am thrilled with the results!
Hi....
I am new in this site. Can you help me???

Hey everyone! I'm Lauren, otherwise known as the Brooklyn girl that now lives in SC :) I had my DS surgery in August with Dr. Basil Yurcisin. I knew nothing about the DS until he called me on a Sunday night and told me he had been thinking about me and that it would be my best option. I am thanking god everyday for him because my life has changed so much in the past few months! I'm just shy of 5 months and I'm down 137 pounds from starting weight before the pre op diet and the NSVs are endless :)
Hi Lauren...
Can You say what is DS surgery....

Hi everyone, my name is Rob. I’ve been reading all the posts on this site for several months and the knowledge and kindness you people have is incredible!!, so, I signed up and will be posting some questions I have in another post.

@James Hampton , I see you have only posted on this thread. I hope you have been reading elsewhere, there is a lot of info here.

Hi....
I am new in this site. Can you help me???

if you fill out the info on your profile and let us know more about your situation, that would be good. people do want to help.

Hello. I'm Georgia. I'll be getting a sleeve on Sept 3 (1 week!) which is the day after my birthday.
:rainbowwelcome:, Georgia. Wow, not far away!
Hi. I am a Lap band patient wanting to have a DS revision. Living in Melbourne, Australia so wanting some info in particular about Professor Nottle. Very scared about procedure, havent even got a surgery date as yet. Im thinking the more info I have the better off I will be (hopefully).
:welcome1: Skinnieminnie! We are getting a good size Australian contingent!
Hi everyone, my name is Rob. I’ve been reading all the posts on this site for several months and the knowledge and kindness you people have is incredible!!, so, I signed up and will be posting some questions I have in another post.
:welcome2:Rob, you've come to the right place. Glad you joined in.

I'm Angie and I was sleeved on Feb 28, 2014. My Dr. recommends I have a revision to Duodenal Switch. Still doing research about it. I have 3 months! I was sleeved by Dr. Cronk in Omaha Nebraska. I have one child and she's almost 22. We live together with my friend and her two kids aged 9 and 5. Keeps life interesting. My highest weight was 388, Surgery Weight: 268, current weight: 301.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back