Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Babs ....i know the trouble of getting help for this disease...i was told if I lose my job i could get DS with medicare...so basically lose income to get help...ummm... wow..
Well anyway...best wishes on your path....keep on pushing ....or is that keep on swimming keep on swimming....stay strong

@ShiftedSanity : The only problem with Medicare is that it's a 2 year wait from the SSDisability decision to eligibility. I had been on disability and Medicare years ago.

Hi everyone! My name is Erin and im 2 weeks pre-op vsg. Scheduled for surgery August 27th! I'm 30 years old and a mother of two. I'm so excited. I feel like I'm about to start my life. Life I'll be reborn. My weight right now its probably 325 or so. I've gained more weight since my oldest finished school in June and I stopped walking daily. My mother and my aunt gave both had the sleeve done as well. They are 2 and 5 years post op respectively. I'm so antsy sitting here knowing everything will change soon. I'm so hopeful for the increase in energy and i cant wait to be able to wear a tshirt a jeans and look neat and feel comfortable!

Hi Erin!!

downloading.aspx

I love this, flower faces!

hi everyone my name is Esther and I'm from a small town in California, I've never joined anything like this of any sort so I'm going to try my best to describe my self and my situation. I'm 5`4 weight in at 395 and i just got word from my doctors office (DR. patrick coats of Modesto) that i have been approved by insurance and i have a surgery date SEPT 17TH 2014 I'm getting the DS+Sleeve AND I'm scared beyond scared! i have had friends and family that have had the gastric bypass but I'm the first around my circle to get the procedure I'm getting and just want some pointers and inside to what i should be expecting realistically from some one who has gone through it already!:unsure: any advice or inside would be greatly appreciated! :D

Today at 5:55 PM Edit Delete

Welcome @estrob ! I suggest reading up on all the previous threads to read people's experiences and then starting new threads for specific questions. I think you'll get lots of info that way :)

:rainbowwelcome: @estrob, this forum has a bunch of information...so explore and read and ask questions about anything you don't understand. And good luck, being scared is completely normal.

:welcomebanner: @estrob! I second reading all the past threads that you can. There are a lot of people on here with mass amounts of knowledge. I am not one of them, I am only 2 months out. I am still a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back