I'm Starving!

Low carb also does the trick. That's why Im doing protein shakes + one meal and if I am starving like Im going to eat my arm, I have a few thin slices of ham sandwich meat. Just pick one way and it has to be a severe change from normal to get your liver to freak out a little and shrinky dink :) You got this. Tomorrow is a new day and we are sooooo CLOSE!!!! :D

^^^Wish you could too! Hang in. It won't be long and this whole phase will be behind you (both of you!!).

Lots of great advice here, thank you :). Tomorrow (well, a couple of hours from now!) is a new day, and I will make a new start. @DuodenalSwitchaRoo, you're right. It is very close. Just wish I could skip over this period and go straight to surgery! lol

I soooo now how you feel. lol. Just do your very best, no one can ask for anything more :) I wish I could fast forward too. Im so excited Im not sleeping...like at all. lol. Got up at noon on Wednesday and it is now 8:45pm on Thursday and I keep having to ask mike what day it is cus it's all kind of a blur lol

I did way too much! I waited for 2 years for my surgery date and lost over 100lbs on a starvation diet. It was self punishment for ever getting so darn fat. I would have been better off having the surgery in Spain 2 years sooner! I think I used up the last ounce of my metabolism doing that darn diet. I think that's one of the reasons I never reached goal. All Buchwald told me to do was try my best to lose something. He was more than a little shocked when I weighed so much less on my surgery day. I was a heavyweight when I went to my first appointment and a lightweight when I showed up for surgery!

I think most of those extreme preop diets are just BS. I can buy in to a couple weeks of low carb for LAP. But that's just my opinion.

I didn't have to do it either, thankfully. I was instructed to go on a lean meat and green leafy vegetable diet and did liquids only the day before surgery. I was so busy getting everything together it wasn't too bad for one day.

I did a 2 week liquid diet and cheated once during the first week. I swear I was only planning to eat the broth out of the wonton soup.....but those noodles sure were good!

I was on Optifast years ago. I did it for 7 months. No food for 7 months. You can do it. I drank tons of Diet soda and water. They have a Chicken soup mix that i seem to remember as not being to awful. I chewed alot ALOT of SF gum. Packs and packs. Oh I also added less water and made a kind of pudding...

How you doin? It's morning here in the UK...ok I lie. It's afternoon, but we got home at 3am and went to bed at 4.....so its morning in my head lol. "Enjoying" my morning protein shake and thinking it's almost a week until we are reborn :) I'm stoked beyond belief! How are you feeling about the approaching day?

Latest posts

Back