I have a Kojack head

You "know me" well enough to know that I seldom, if ever, bull$#!t anyone, right? So here:

1--this "tragedy" could be one of those Blessing in Disguise things. If you started out with long, dark hair, kind of like the first wig, you had no idea (until now) how good you would look going shorter and lighter! Have you seen Gayle King with dark hair? Does NOT look like the (good definition) Miss Thing she looks like with the colors she has going on now. So, this has forced you to see that other really good...maybe even better than what you were doing...looks are out there for you.

2--no matter the color, you do NOT look like anyone's grandmother. Holy shit!

3--I have as much artistic expertise as I do scientific knowledge, so this is just my amateur opinion...but...I think that the long curly 'do makes people look at the hair, while the short and lighter hair highlights your gorgeous face.

So there.

PS...ETA...Another reason Gayle looks good is that grey hair is nature's way of telling us to go a shade lighter. She did go lighter. My mom used to say that when old women (she was speaking of one of her aunts in particular) try to maintain really dark hair, it emphasizes their wrinkles and makes their faces look like road maps. (I wish she had explained this to Huey Lewis and Tom Sellick...who have both gone WAY darker in their old age...and look ridiculous.)

Last edited:
interesting!

I am currently decided wth to do with my (long, colored) hair.....

Well...Mom's theory is that the amount of grey showing at your roots tells you if/where/how much to go lighter. Maybe you should try on wigs in different lengths/colors.

I can't. I'm a fathead. Hats almost never fit. Wigs wouldn't either. I'd look like Lorne Greene on later episodes of Bonanza, where he appears to be wearing a badger on his head.

2009-05-29-tLG.jpg

ETA...and who decided that he should look like hair is growing out of the middle of his forehead?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back