I Had me a Rib-eye, I, I Had me a Rib-eye, I Had me a Rib-eye!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided my food budget is going to blow up after my surgery. After all, I just MUST have steak, crab, shrimp, seafood, etc.... Yummmmm.

I've decided my food budget is going to blow up after my surgery. After all, I just MUST have steak, crab, shrimp, seafood, etc.... Yummmmm.
Yes, BUT the good food you buy will be in much smaller portions.
My husband is also a DS'er. We typically cook just one steak and share it. A tri-tip can give us about 6 meals (each), easy.

I have SIX weeks of vacation time that I HAVE to use this year and one of the things on the TOP of my "Bucket List" is to see the California Redwoods, so it would NOT take much to convince me!!!
Wow...really? Lol. No offense (seriously) and it's not that the redwoods and sequoias aren't cool but for them to be at the top of your bucket list? You must have one helluva passport! Where all have you traveled?

I need to plan a trip for the family this year that's about 10 days and is affordable (around $10k maybe) so I'm looking for ideas.

We did a San Francisco, Yosemite, Muir woods, Sausalito and Monterrey trip last June w the kids. Lots of fun! The trees were cool but not the highlight of the trip. :)

@robs477 Next time we are out on the West Coast, we want to see the redwoods..This last summer we didn't stop much in CA until we got to San Jose. THAT stop was awesome. :) And then we left there and didn't stop again until we were within spitting distance of AZ.

But this year is the east coast...near Arlington among other places...I want to see some of the National Parks up this way.

Wow...really? Lol. No offense (seriously) and it's not that the redwoods and sequoias aren't cool but for them to be at the top of your bucket list? You must have one helluva passport! Where all have you traveled?

I need to plan a trip for the family this year that's about 10 days and is affordable (around $10k maybe) so I'm looking for ideas.

We did a San Francisco, Yosemite, Muir woods, Sausalito and Monterrey trip last June w the kids. Lots of fun! The trees were cool but not the highlight of the trip. :)

LOL…I guess I’m an easy to please kind of guy, simple really. I love being outdoors in nature and spend a lot of time outside. When I was a kid, I grew up in Ohio and my backyard was literally at the border of Mt. Airy National forest. 1,500 acres of woods and trees were literally my backyard. I had this favorite tree. It was a giant oak they said was over 200 years old. I would just sit under that tree and play and then even in my teenager yrs I would go there and just sit and play guitar etc. I even took my first girlfriend there…lol. This might sound stupid to some people, but, I could actually sit under a tree like that and it makes me feel good, calm, peaceful, happy etc. It’s almost like I can feel its energy, its wisdom and age. It’s a living thing and we don’t really know how everything works. My opinion is we are all connected, kind of like what they were trying to say in the movie avatar. So, for me, it would be really special to be able to spend some time sitting under those wise old guys! But, yes, travel to Europe, the Fareast etc, ALL that other stuff is high on my list too!!

I apologize in advance (not really though),:D for doing this to you guys, (mostly just to tease Diana, @DianaCox )..;).. but, I wanted to post this picture when I got a chance of one of the Rib-Eye's I grilled. I cook it super hot and quick so that it sears the outsides of the meat and gives it just a tiny bit of crispness on the outside and it serves to seal the meat and locks in all the juices! Tender and medium rare in the middle! I cooked this particular one at Xmas and it was so big and thick, 2", all three of us ate on it!

IMG_1327.jpg

Last edited:
LOL…I guess I’m an easy to please kind of guy, simple really. I love being outdoors in nature and spend a lot of time outside. When I was a kid, I grew up in Ohio and my backyard was literally at the border of Mt. Airy National forest. 1,500 acres of woods and trees were literally my backyard. I had this favorite tree. It was a giant oak they said was over 200 years old. I would just sit under that tree and play and then even in my teenager yrs I would go there and just sit and play guitar etc. I even took my first girlfriend there…lol. This might sound stupid to some people, but, I could actually sit under a tree like that and it makes me feel good, calm, peaceful, happy etc. It’s almost like I can feel its energy, its wisdom and age. It’s a living thing and we don’t really know how everything works. My opinion is we are all connected, kind of like what they were trying to say in the movie avatar. So, for me, it would be really special to be able to spend some time sitting under those wise old guys! But, yes, travel to Europe, the Fareast etc, ALL that other stuff is high on my list too!!
Muir Woods was a beautiful place to go to see the redwoods. We loved it. It's right outside of San Francisco. It might be a place you want to consider as you can spend just a few hours or a whole day immersed in a redwood forest w great hiking paths or easier paved paths w beautiful streams, bridges, etc. My 12 year old loved it! We took a day and traveled over to Yosemite to see the sequoias. It was a very long day in the car but we had to see Yosemite while we were out there. If you plan that trip and include the San Francisco area let me know and I can tell you all the places we found that the kids loved so that your daughter has fun too. :)

Latest posts

Back