I Had me a Rib-eye, I, I Had me a Rib-eye, I Had me a Rib-eye!!!!!!!!!!!

Joining this conversation late and haven't read it all but just wanted to say that I live in the same area as Diana and Larra! I love a big hunk of meat.....and ribeye! Come on down!!!!

Sounds like a great time about to be had on our west coast! You rascals be sure to post some great pics here about your festivities. We east coasters will be with you all in spirit! It's just a damn shame Robs has chosen now to convert to vegetarianism. But I'm sure that bean casserole will be just as good as any old meat cooked on the grill! Ummmmmmm!!!

:thanksgivingdinner:

Sounds like a great time about to be had on our west coast! You rascals be sure to post some great pics here about your festivities. We east coasters will be with you all in spirit! It's just a damn shame Robs has chosen now to convert to vegetarianism. But I'm sure that bean casserole will be just as good as any old meat cooked on the grill! Ummmmmmm!!!

:thanksgivingdinner:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.......Don't count me out just yet Will!!! So far this week, the delaying of my protein shake till the end of the day has helped a lot! I've been getting about 1/2 my protein in from real food, (MEAT) for the first time this week, so by June, I should be trained and ready to go!! Wish you could join us!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.......Don't count me out just yet Will!!! So far this week, the delaying of my protein shake till the end of the day has helped a lot! I've been getting about 1/2 my protein in from real food, (MEAT) for the first time this week, so by June, I should be trained and ready to go!! Wish you could join us!!!

Haha!! Good lord!! People for your own safety....keep your hands and feet away from Robs mouth! He's a man on a mission and I like his chances!! One thing I'd love to hear is what foods are actually cooked, and any recipe ideas you guys want to share. Really weird thing for me, is since my surgery I have totally gotten into cooking! I cook all the time now and am hooked on the cooking channel shows. My plan is to one day represent Bariatric facts on an Amateur Chopped show! Hehe...might be a bit far fetched, but I am loving to cook of late. I know you're all gonna have a really good time together. Some of the best posters on this board all in one place....now THAT's a party!!!

:rave:

:) Or, I could try to come out early... I hear it is lovely that time of year.

@hilary1617 ...OM GOSH!!.....Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, try to move your trip up a week! I would LOVE to meet you in person also and have you meet my family and I and join us all in this "Meat fest"! I swear to you that would make my whole trip complete :D! You have helped me so much also to get where I am and I am so grateful. I couldn’t hardly bear the thought of knowing that I missed meeting you in person by only one week.:(

@DianaCox ....It’s officially a done deal! A couple days ago, we completed booking all our flights, hotels etc, so....there’s NO turning back now! :D:D:D.....We will be flying in to Oakland (yeah I know), on 6/19, Fri afternoon, picking up our rent car, driving to Carmel where we will be staying for the first 3 nights. On Sunday, 6/21, we will be coming your way in the mid-afternoon ish time frame, like around 2 or 3-4 ish if that’s a good time frame? We will have to drive back to Carmel on Sunday night which is a little over an hour drive time, so, we won’t be staying ALL night in to the wee hours or anything! I heard how "You California People" are and like to "Party" all night long you know ;) !

Monday morning, we're going to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks and staying there a day and then up to Yosemite for the next two days and then on Thurs/Fri we will be in San Fransico and returning to the Houston area on Sat 6/27. I know it’s a LOT of stuff packed in to a short time, but...it is what it is and I know we will have a blast!

You had mentioned Costco for the steaks and I absolutely agree. All the ones here have really good meat selections and are all high quality and fresh and it sounds like they are there too. As we get closer, we can get a real headcount and then figure out how many rib-eyes to buy. I’m thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10. IF, you would be SO KIND, maybe you could purchase them on Fri or Sat and I WILL RE-IMBURSE YOU for whatever the cost is. REMEMBER...this is MY TREAT and that part of it is NOT negotiable. I’m just worried that if we wait to go to Costco when we get there on Sunday,…..#1, it will cut in to our very valuable time we have to visit, and...#2, I have a HUGE fear that they would run out of rib-eyes by Sunday if they have a big run on the weekend. Especially since IT IS FATHERS DAY also, so just sayin!! And, of course we need charcoal and lighter or starter if you have one.

I also need to see a pic of your grill???? Asking that here in Texas, could be considered a hanging offense by some...lol BUT, I can literally cook on anything, so don’t worry. I have even cooked right on the ground on a bed of rocks many times before with charcoal on it and a grate propped up over that, so, I fear no "Sear"..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...NP

I'd love to see you all! June 27 is planned as to be a fly-in-fly-out the-next-day girls' night out with my college roommates. I am not sure if I could / should extend it for a longer trip. To do so, I'd have to turn it into a mini family vacation. That said, we do have friends and family in scattered places not too far from there (Half Moon Bay, Aptos, East Bay, Oakland) that would be nice to visit. Will see what I can do!

I'm still in bed (though I'm supposed to be getting ready to leave on our camping trip by noon ...), so instead of a pic of the grill in the courtyard, you'll have to settle for pic from the manual; in addition to the 5-burner grill, we have our 3-burner Camp Chef stove with a BBQ box. Think you can handle all of that propane going off at once??

upload_2015-4-16_8-12-42.png

spg90bcc.jpg

Latest posts

Back