I Had me a Rib-eye, I, I Had me a Rib-eye, I Had me a Rib-eye!!!!!!!!!!!

That steak is beautiful! I'd take steak and asparagus for Xmas dinner any day over turkey.

That looks fantastic! I know you are going to teach me how to do this IN PERSON.

You have my word on it me Lady! We are trying to come visit that whole west coast area and want to get a date sometime in mid June to mid July and should have that firmed up by the end of April hopefully. Its not that far away really. Anytime in that time frame that you guys wont be around, just let me know and we'll book around it!

. This might sound stupid to some people, but, I could actually sit under a tree like that and it makes me feel good, calm, peaceful, happy etc. It’s almost like I can feel its energy, its wisdom and age. It’s a living thing and we don’t really know how everything works. My opinion is we are all connected, kind of like what they were trying to say in the movie avatar. So, for me, it would be really special to be able to spend some time sitting under those wise old guys! !
That doesn't sound stupid to me! I'm not an outdoorsy kinda girl, but I've felt that before :)

Anytime after June 10th works for us.

@DianaCox.....Hi Diana, just to update….We have a fairly reasonably firm commitment on the dates. We’ve already booked cabins in Sequoia Kings park and Yosemite park which is the hardest part of the trip to book. I just found out from some friends that you usually have to book those cabins a year in advance, so we were lucky to barely get it booked.

So, it looks like we will be flying in to San Jose on Fri 6/19. We will be staying between there, Carmel beach for the first 2 days, and if the date is ok with you, we plan to spend Sunday 6/21, late afternoon, early evening visiting with you and Charles to cook you those Rib-eyes I promised. ;)

We plan on heading east on Monday and spending the middle of the week in the woods and staying in those cabins and wrap up the trip by coming back to the coast and visiting the San Francisco bay area and Napa on Fri/Sat.

Let me know if that Sunday 6/21, will work for your schedule? And of course, as we get closer I will PM you and trade contact info and re-confirm etc. This is going to be a LOT of fun! My Family and I can’t wait to see this part of the Country and come visit with you guys as well!

@robs477 y'all are really going to enjoy yourselves.
MY Charles and I did a road trip last summer...and spent the night in SJ. Diana managed to make it a full blown DS get together...got to meet quite a few in that area, including Larra and Kirmy.

@robs477 y'all are really going to enjoy yourselves.
MY Charles and I did a road trip last summer...and spent the night in SJ. Diana managed to make it a full blown DS get together...got to meet quite a few in that area, including Larra and Kirmy.

I think I seen the pics from that. I'm really looking forward to it! I would love to meet as many of you guys as I can meet along my travels wherever I may go because you are all really, really special to me! The more the merrier!

I think I seen the pics from that. I'm really looking forward to it! I would love to meet as many of you guys as I can meet along my travels wherever I may go because you are all really, really special to me! The more the merrier!
Well, this year you would have to come east since we aren't going out that way this year.

Do I take that as a request for a reservation of the guest room?
Still need to discuss it with the SO and see if we can budget in the expense!!!! Probably have to get those pesky taxes done so I know the financial immediate future! But we have started working on the taxes!

Pat, if you fly in, all you have to worry about is plane fare - as I said, we are exactly 2.0 miles from the entrance to SJC. Current prices on Southwest are $83 each way ($73 on Tuesday the 23rd). Book now! Stay several days, so long as it includes Sunday June 21st!

Latest posts

Back