Hi Bari Friends

erin512

Good afternoon,
My name is Erin and I am from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I had my DS on October 20th 2015. Honeymoon stage is clearly over and needing guidance, info and to be around others with a common purpose.
Thank you!!
Happy Holidays!

Welcome, Erin! (I'm also an Erin, who had her surgery in Montreal!)

You'll find a lot of very smart, sensible and no-nonsense folks here who are also a lot of fun.

Hello and welcome to a wonderful community, Erin.

Do you have your starting weight, current weight and any specific things you have questions about? Surgeon's offices typically suck at providing good guidance and advice for DS patient nutrition and vitamin/mineral supplementation. This place was a huge help to me before I had my DS 3.25 years ago (well the key folks who started this board migrated here from another site) and ever since.

Best wishes to you

Hi and welcome, Erin! Don't let the honeymoon end! Head somewhere tropical, dial up on the protein and keep the dream alive. :)

Can I come. :)

It's what we all should be doing, really. Not sure what the weather's like where you are, but every year at around this time I wonder why we opt to live in the freezing land next to the Great Lakes when there is an equatorial zone out there.

For my actual honeymoon, we went to Mauritius. Now that is a tropical paradise where I would gladly return any time to raise a glass and toast once both you and Erin reach your goals. In particular, I'd love to visit it at this size - last time, our luggage took a side trip to Germany without us (long story) and in the absence of a change of clothes of my own, or clothing in my size available in stores, I ended up sporting a lovely look featuring a "So Mauritius, So Delicious" t-shirt and two pareos tied together to cover my ample assets. I'll take any opportunity to redeem myself from a fashion perspective. ;)

Hello and welcome to a wonderful community, Erin.

Do you have your starting weight, current weight and any specific things you have questions about?

DSRIGGS I am all new to these forums and would love to add all my info. How or where do I fill it in so that it shows up at the bottom of my posts like everyone else?
Thanks!!

It's what we all should be doing, really. Not sure what the weather's like where you are, but every year at around this time I wonder why we opt to live in the freezing land next to the Great Lakes when there is an equatorial zone out there.

For my actual honeymoon, we went to Mauritius. Now that is a tropical paradise where I would gladly return any time to raise a glass and toast once both you and Erin reach your goals. In particular, I'd love to visit it at this size - last time, our luggage took a side trip to Germany without us (long story) and in the absence of a change of clothes of my own, or clothing in my size available in stores, I ended up sporting a lovely look featuring a "So Mauritius, So Delicious" t-shirt and two pareos tied together to cover my ample assets. I'll take any opportunity to redeem myself from a fashion perspective. ;)

Years ago, already obese but before I hit my highest weight, MiniSue and I accompanied a friend and her two girls to the beach. At the end of the day, I watched the girls while my friend changed her clothes in the restroom. Then we both helped the little ones in the beach shower and provided them with cover as they got into their clothes. As we went to put their clothes into, and get my clothes out of, the trunk...the electronic lock malfunctioned. Unopenable. So, one fully clothed adult, three fully clothed little girls and me.

In a swimsuit.

And we were hungry.

My friend offered a drive-through, but we had promised--and I still wanted--real food at a decent restaurant.

I wrapped me in my beach towel and wearing wedge heels, a swimsuit and a towel, I proudly strutted my stuff into the first store we encountered...a Monkey Ward's. (I said it was years ago.) There was smaller selection in plus size, but I found the clearance rack, bought two identical dresss...one in black, one in navy...and strutted out.

In the parking lot, the towel came off and one dress went on...and we went out to dinner.

I kept those dresses, and wore them to work, for many years!

Not to wander off the subject too much, I imagine most of us have a clothing memory we'd rather forget. The airline lost my luggage on a trip to a client when I was doing my consulting. They said they'd send it to my hotel. Um. my hotel was at least 100 miles from the airport. Knowing full well it wasn't going to be sent, I stopped at the only store in rural Iowa that might have something, Wal-Mart. I found one of those hideous knit pantsuits that sort of fit and didn't look too much like pajamas.

Back on topic: Welcome, Erin. As has been said, there is a lot of wisdom here. Without offering any specifics about the honeymoon ending, I have found that just being a part of this community has been a big help. As soon as I click on the button for this site, I remember that I don't eat like others and others don't supplement like me. It's become a habit as much as checking e-mails.

Latest posts

Back