help normal to throw up blood

If a doctor doesn't come soon and check her out and she continues to vomit blood, I would walk/wheel her down to the hospital's Emergency Room and have her evaluated down there... My dad did that once while inpatient and being ignored and he received immediate treatment from qualified staff. I think it saved his life.

If a doctor doesn't come soon and check her out and she continues to vomit blood, I would walk/wheel her down to the hospital's Emergency Room and have her evaluated down there... My dad did that once while inpatient and being ignored and he received immediate treatment from qualified staff. I think it saved his life.

Good idea. Cause my patience are wearing thin. I'm tired and need to go tend to my big baby. My cousin is scared and has begged me to stay until the hospitalists gets here. IMAGINE THEIR SURPRISE WHEN SHE DOESN'T RETURN FROM HER WALK....

GOOD LOOKING OUT HILARY...

ok everyone thank you for all your help. The hospitalists came. He ordered an ekg, blood work, and that her vitals be taken every 30 minutes. She had started to complain about a heavy feeling in her chest. He says he is not too worried about the vomiting of blood because know the vomiting has turned to clear foamies after the 6 or 7th time throwing up. He feels that if she had a bleed inside that her blood pressure would be dropping instead of rising. Her pressure is starting to sky rocket last I saw 170/98. He ordered that she be on a tele pack for monitoring through the night. He said he cannot over step Dr. Simpsons orders since he had already given orders just to increase the Zofran and also give her some Salumedral(SP?).

Dr. Simpson said even though it looks like a lot of blood she is throwing up it really isn't because her stomach only holds 2-3 ounces at the most. I totally have no confidence in anything he says at this point. The bad thing is no other WLS doctor in AZ will touch her until she is 1 year out from WLS. He apologized for not responding earlier he has his phone on vibrate, so he says... My moms best friend is an ER doctor at this hospital who was off tonight but is working tomorrow so Im going to go talk to him tomorrow and see what we can do if anything about getting checked out properly. Every time we talked to Dr. Simpson he talked about everything except the main thing we were concerned about..the vomiting of blood. Everyone keeps telling her family to take and go elsewhere because that hospital will kill her, Well they don't deal with WLS his hospital just closed down or some shit, That should have been a red flag. No center of excellence and worse that that this is the 2nd WLS done at that hospital. I know the doc is the most important but had this hospital been a COE and does more than 800 WLS per year they would kind of know hey this seems normal this doesn't seem normal. Stuff like that

They have her in a room with a 19yr old feMale who had Gallbladder out. Her mom, dad, 2 little brothers, and older brother all there spending the night in the room with them. The little kids using the patient's bathroom. Boy I tell you something. Then they had 4 additional female visitors it sounded like the club until my cousin lost it and went the F*** off on them and told them they were rude to be that loud at 1 am.

Word to the wise don't have WLS at Maryvale Hospital and because of I'm not sure what I could get sued for saying about specific Dr's or STAFF BUYER BEWARE. I THANK GOD I RETHUNK MY CHOICE OF FIRST APPROVED SURGEON.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

ok everyone thank you for all your help. The hospitalists came. He ordered an ekg, blood work, and that her vitals be taken every 30 minutes. She had started to complain about a heavy feeling in her chest. He says he is not too worried about the vomiting of blood because know the vomiting has turned to clear foamies after the 6 or 7th time throwing up. He feels that if she had a bleed inside that her blood pressure would be dropping instead of rising. Her pressure is starting to sky rocket last I saw 170/98. He ordered that she be on a tele pack for monitoring through the night. He said he cannot over step Dr. Simpsons orders since he had already given orders just to increase the Zofran and also give her some Salumedral(SP?).

Dr. Simpson said even though it looks like a lot of blood she is throwing up it really isn't because her stomach only holds 2-3 ounces at the most. I totally have no confidence in anything he says at this point. The bad thing is no other WLS doctor in AZ will touch her until she is 1 year out from WLS. He apologized for not responding earlier he has his phone on vibrate, so he says... My moms best friend is an ER doctor at this hospital who was off tonight but is working tomorrow so Im going to go talk to him tomorrow and see what we can do if anything about getting checked out properly. Every time we talked to Dr. Simpson he talked about everything except the main thing we were concerned about..the vomiting of blood. Everyone keeps telling her family to take and go elsewhere because that hospital will kill her, Well they don't deal with WLS his hospital just closed down or some shit, That should have been a red flag. No center of excellence and worse that that this is the 2nd WLS done at that hospital. I know the doc is the most important but had this hospital been a COE and does more than 800 WLS per year they would kind of know hey this seems normal this doesn't seem normal. Stuff like that

They have her in a room with a 19yr old feMale who had Gallbladder out. Her mom, dad, 2 little brothers, and older brother all there spending the night in the room with them. The little kids using the patient's bathroom. Boy I tell you something. Then they had 4 additional female visitors it sounded like the club until my cousin lost it and went the F*** off on them and told them they were rude to be that loud at 1 am.

Word to the wise don't have WLS at Maryvale Hospital and because of I'm not sure what I could get sued for saying about specific Dr's or STAFF BUYER BEWARE. I THANK GOD I RETHUNK MY CHOICE OF FIRST APPROVED SURGEON.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

Kudos to you for fighting for her! I know it's hard sometimes. I remember being threatened with jail when my brother had gotten in a bad wreck and I was insisting on help for him. I told the security guard that if she threw me out of the ER the whole place would fill up with attorneys, lol. I also told my dad to have bail money ready. Thankfully things started moving right after that little scene.

Kudos to you for fightieveryone. r her! I know it's hard sometimes. I remember being threatened with jail when my brother had gotten in a bad wreck and I was insisting on help for him. I told the security guard that if she threw me out of the ER the whole place would fill up with attorneys, lol. I also told my dad to have bail money ready. Thankfully things started moving right after that little scene.

I feel like I have to. My mom was an RNY and always fought for everyone. She's gone. But to be honest it's so scary because I don't know medical stuff I can only go with if something doesn't feel right. How do you persuade actual medical people to do something because you feel something may not be right. Last night I felt so helpless because I wasn't sure had it not been for you guys I would have let them blow me off for fear of looking stupid if I was wrong.

I feel like I have to. My mom was an RNY and always fought for everyone. She's gone. But to be honest it's so scary because I don't know medical stuff I can only go with if something doesn't feel right. How do you persuade actual medical people to do something because you feel something may not be right. Lastnight
Be a squeaky wheel...do NOT accept anything less than a full explanation. GO with your gut feeling...which in cases like this is right on!

Glad you got help...now, let her surgeon know that you EXPECT him to deal with the issue.

Latest posts

Back