help normal to throw up blood

Well she didn't have to do anything to get approval. No diet, psychological, nothing so once she got the approval I guess she was afraid if she went somewhere else she would have to meet all the requirements. She didn't have any co morbids never been on a diet no surgeries. Nothing wrong other than obese at age 24. So I can see why she would be afraid to go to different doctor.

I argued with Simpson once about this - he said his DS patients often had malnutrition. Uh, perhaps it was because of how he constructed their DSs, and/or because of his lousy post-op follow-up care and support?

I hope that shortsightedness doesn't come back to bite her. Was she covered by insurance?

She has one of the government ins. Something I guess like medicare or medicaid. I was told that one of the 2 you don't have to meet those requirements plus they push you to the top of the list. My friends mom just had her initial appointment on Monday Jan 13 and got approval today and a surgery date for Jan 28. Wow talk about moving with Blackstone.

Wow. What's that adage about cheap/good/fast (pick any two)? I sure hope it isn't serious for your cousin (push her to go to the ER if things don't seem right) and that being at the top of the line with no prequal proves to be a good thing and not a cheap/good/fast (assuming it would be cheap and fast) thing. Surgeon and Surgery. Two most important decisions ever.

Sending good thought Charris.

Yes she is. The whole hospital is a mess. She is bleeding pretty good from her incision. She threw up blood again.

I finally bitched so that they put a dressing on it. I'm taking pictures of all this crap. I talked to the charge nurse who assured me the hospital usually isn't this bad they are just short staffed. I guess that was supposed to make us feel better.

Yes she is. The whole hospital is a mess. She is bleeding pretty good from her incision. She threw up blood again.

I finally bitched so that they put a dressing on it. I'm taking pictures of all this crap. I talked to the charge nurse who assured me the hospital usually isn't this bad they are just short staffed. I guess that was supposed to make us feel better.
That kind of response from them could get her DEAD...bang on desks, pitch a fit if needed...short staffed or not, a bleeding patient is critical.

Bleeding this long is not good. Ask for another doctor to see her right now.

ETA: I agree with EN. Start screaming!

Latest posts

Back