help normal to throw up blood

Charris

Now an angel
My cousin had sleeve with Terri Simpson this morning and is throw up blood. He said it's normal? She's one of his first sets of doing sleeves. Does this sound right?

Normal to throw up blood? Normally Id say no, but if this is a fresh sleeve...I suppose it could be the reminants of the blood from the procedure itself coming up. If it's bright red and there is a lot of it, that sounds like a fresh bleed somewhere. She should keep an eye on it for sure.

Last edited:
My cousin had sleeve with Terri Simpson this morning and is throwing up blood. He said it's normal? She's one of his first sets of doing sleeves. Does this sound right? He has no dressing on her wounds one is bleeding a lot. Is this the norm?

edited for spelling/grammar

Last edited:
Brown or red?

Bright red. She had it lap. The front of her gown is covered in blood and I lifted up the gown and a pretty steady slow flow of bright red blood is flowing from one incision. I'm starting to get worried. Especially since she said he told her he just started doing the sleeves.....ugggh

My cousin had sleeve with Terri Simpson this morning and is throw up blood. He said it's normal? She's one of his first sets of doing sleeves. Does this sound right? He has no dressing on her wounds one is bleeding a lot. Is this the norm?
My sister has a sleeve...she never threw up blood...and I don't know any Simpson fans except that one woman who worked in his building.

I would not accept his answer for very long at all...and I'd need her vitals checked VERY OFTEN.

(I know nothng about medicine, btw.)

Not good. I did have some foamy brown stuff that was 'old' blood from the surgery. I would be concerned. Actually, I became concerned when I found out who her surgeon was. :(

Thanks when he spouse gets back i'm going to have her stir things up.

My sister has a sleeve...she never threw up blood...and I don't know any Simpson fans except that one woman who worked in his building.

I would not accept his answer for very long at all...and I'd need her vitals checked VERY OFTEN.

(I know nothng about medicine, btw.)

She should not be bleeding a steady stream from an incision. She also shouldn't be vomiting blood, but if it's a one-time thing it's possible that it was residual blood from having her sleeve created. If it continues that would absolutely not be normal.

Charris- I think it depends on if it's old brown blood left in the stomach from the cutting and no emptying or if it's fresh red blood. I was throwing up old blood while in the hospital (also why they gave me Reglan) but they watched very carefully to make sure it wasn't red. Please find out/pass along the info, that could be very serious.

Im just not liking this whole situation. They appear to be unsanitary. Two different nurses came in touching this bleeding wound with no gloves or sanitizer. Why is their no sterile dressing on the wound? I asked the nurse she said so she can see if its, still oozing. Well I'm not a freaking doctor but if you come back and the white dressing is no longer white you will know it's still oozing! They are leaving her in this bloody night gown because they changed it earlier. Well hell its soiled with blood is their a one gown policy? I guess, the damage is done now. I told her not to use him but since she already had approval. Sounds like some other hard head I know, ME. I asked if her spouse had RNY why would he not consider them having the same surgery to make it easier. She was originally supposed to get the band. When i told her the band was bad she talk to him and he told her he just started doing the sleeve she should get the sleeves so the sleeve it was.

For whomever said they should watch vitals carefully, what should we as the family be watching for? Her bp is 145/80 and 45min ago it was 134/94 heart rate 106.

Yea he told her that he no longer does the DS that I guess he just started doing the sleeve only. Did he have good DS results?
They said if it doesn't stop bleeding they will call him tonight.

His DS results sucked. That's why he stopped doing them. He's primarily a band mill. Business must be slowing down if he's starting doing sleeves.

Latest posts

Back