DS with Dr.Esquerra

I'm doing ok SO glad to be home!! The gas is returning though ugh hurts but I'm home!!
Chewable Gas-X is awesome stuff. I chew it like candy and it really helps. For whatever reason the strip or the gel caps don't do anything for me, but the chewables rock.

Chewable Gas-X is awesome stuff. I chew it like candy and it really helps. For whatever reason the strip or the gel caps don't do anything for me, but the chewables rock.
I got some yesterday and gave been taking them but not much help. Someone mentioned a heating pad works so I ordered one with next day delivery from Amazon haha I'm trying any and everything.

I got some yesterday and gave been taking them but not much help. Someone mentioned a heating pad works so I ordered one with next day delivery from Amazon haha I'm trying any and everything.
I really didn't start taking gas-x until after my revision to lengthen my alimentary limb back in August of 15. I started in the hospital because of gas pain. It worked and I have been taking then since. I believe I tried after my original DS and it didn't do much but since the revision I swear by them.

Hang in there it does get much better.

I really didn't start taking gas-x until after my revision to lengthen my alimentary limb back in August of 15. I started in the hospital because of gas pain. It worked and I have been taking then since. I believe I tried after my original DS and it didn't do much but since the revision I swear by them.

Hang in there it does get much better.
So the gas does go away then? I got the worst time trying to even get to sleep because of it. So it eventually dissipates and then only usually returns with dirt choices correct?

With The DS we are always going to get gas, but as the swelling goes down in your gUT the effects are much less painful. We all have trigger foods that make it worse and we all differ, but simple carbs can be the worst. You will find your foods that make you more gassy and will learn to watch those foods...but the early gas and pain are much worse than later on.

They gave me Gatorade at hospital so I figured it was ok. A few days after I got home I realized it gave me terrible gas. As soon as I stopped that the gas went away.

Artificial sweeteners give me awful gas. When I had the lapband I couldn't understand why my stomach kept hurting to the point of not being able to stand up straight to walk. Then my doctor told me to lay off of the sweeteners and within 3-4 days my gas went away. Even now I am still very sensitive to artificial sweeteners.

Artificial sweeteners give me awful gas. When I had the lapband I couldn't understand why my stomach kept hurting to the point of not being able to stand up straight to walk. Then my doctor told me to lay off of the sweeteners and within 3-4 days my gas went away. Even now I am still very sensitive to artificial sweeteners.
That is great that you found that trigger and no to stay away.

Hope you are healing well and on a boring road to recovery.

They gave me Gatorade at hospital so I figured it was ok. A few days after I got home I realized it gave me terrible gas. As soon as I stopped that the gas went away.
Now I'm wondering if it's the yogurt, baby. Bell cheese or water doing it. I can't even finish a small yogurt or cottage cheese because of the gas. Even sips of drinks are gurgling around with the gas ugh, but I know it will pass

Latest posts

Back