Covid Vaccination?

Webmommy I'm SO glad your mom got her vaccination! I can't imagine how tough it must be to overcome the (justified, sadly) suspicions she had, but she did it and deserves a lot of credit. I hope, as more and more people are vaccinated and nothing terrible happens to them, more of the people with concerns will get on board. I admire her for her courage.
Webmommy I'm so happy your mom got BOTH vaccines. I can only imagine how wary she was (and rightly so, that suspicion is well warranted based on the horrendous history).

Similar to your son, my kids will remain in remote learning for the rest of this academic year, even though Liam will likely be vaccinated ahead of most of his peers.

I am so glad she did it. We had been talking about it and she just couldn’t do it. I understood. She was born with 2.5 kidneys and her doctor told her she had an ovarian cyst and that they needed to remove the cyst. My grandma had a bad feeling and so my mom didn’t have the surgery. Then later when she was pregnant with me and her new doctor got her old medical records he told her that the records show they were going to do exploratory surgery and take out her extra kidney and tube to study. She has every reason to not trust the establishment but she’s not alone and she has so many people looking out for her and her health to make sure she gets the right care and that “accidents” don’t happen that could interfere with her health and life. So when she told me she was doing it I was so happy and I knew it was a big deal for her!

I am glad Liam is staying home! Our district only had everyone remote for the first six weeks and now some are there and some are remote but I get so many notifications about someone new testing positive at his school. I am relieved and feel justified with my choice with every notification!

At this point I don't care what vaccine I get. Will take anything I can get my hands on!
I hope you can get it soon!!!

the records show they were going to do exploratory surgery and take out her extra kidney and tube to study.

they lied about the need for surgery so they could study her body parts?! sweet mother these people really need to be jailed. :mad:

At this point I don't care what vaccine I get. Will take anything I can get my hands on!

Something else hit my alleged mind this morning:

Much of this is actual STATE-controlled decisions. And one of your state Senators in NV is Joe Hardy. AKA Joseph Hardy, MD...our former family physician…whose “day job” is Chief of Staff of Boulder City Hospital. So HIS hospital, in the town where he raised his kids (and we carpooled to swim meets), and where he’s WELL connected, is being cared for. So there’s that, too.

I hope you can get it soon!!!

they lied about the need for surgery so they could study her body parts?! sweet mother these people really need to be jailed. :mad:
It is awful and criminal and a lot of women of color would go into the hospital for one reason and come out sterilized and never know it. Especially when they gassed mothers in labor. Now there’s coercion or the shady stuff that has been done to women held in ICE detention centers. It based on the same attitude.

Something else hit my alleged mind this morning:

Much of this is actual STATE-controlled decisions. And one of your state Senators in NV is Joe Hardy. AKA Joseph Hardy, MD...our former family physician…whose “day job” is Chief of Staff of Boulder City Hospital. So HIS hospital, in the town where he raised his kids (and we carpooled to swim meets), and where he’s WELL connected, is being cared for. So there’s that, too.
Well crap. I hate saying this but I would guess you are correct. He is taking care of his own. So much for vaccines being allocated by county and age group. BTW, he is also on the board of the public health committee for the state. I looked up his bio.

Webmommy has clearly stated all the reasons my family is experiencing vaccine hesitancy. Recently we have all become more open to the COVID-19 vaccine. I have 3 first cousins who caught the virus 2 were very ill and hospitalized. One died the other recovered and the third one had bad head cold type symptoms and recovered fairly quickly at home.

The death of my cousin caused my last remaining Aunt to beg everyone to get vaccinate. She is so afraid of losing anyone else to this virus. My Aunt was the first person in our family ( except the 3 RNs) to get the vaccine.

MsVee I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the rest of your family (and mine and everyone else's) will get vaccinated and stay well. I am hopeful that more and more people will overcome vaccine hesitancy as they see people being vaccinated and not having something terrible happen to them.

And then there’s this discouraging news:

View attachment 2513
I wonder how many of them haven't had decent access to health care in the past. Health care like much of what we see in society can vary by race, sex, ethnic identity, and poverty. I am outraged by those of any kind of privilege who have tried to push to the head of the line. Not surprised though.

I had COVID-19 in November and could not WAIT to get vaccinated. I got my first shot on January 12th and will have my second one within the next two weeks. Because I've recently had the virus, the first shot made me feel kinda icky for a day or so but the next one will be better, I'm told.

My parents are eligible to start getting it tomorrow. I hope there are doses available for them.

Webmommy has clearly stated all the reasons my family is experiencing vaccine hesitancy. Recently we have all become more open to the COVID-19 vaccine. I have 3 first cousins who caught the virus 2 were very ill and hospitalized. One died the other recovered and the third one had bad head cold type symptoms and recovered fairly quickly at home.

The death of my cousin caused my last remaining Aunt to beg everyone to get vaccinate. She is so afraid of losing anyone else to this virus. My Aunt was the first person in our family ( except the 3 RNs) to get the vaccine.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope more of my family become receptive to getting vaccinated as well.

MsVee I'm so sorry for your loss. May your cousin's memory be a blessing.

I hope your family and everyone else in the world, literally, can get vaccinated soon!

Attachments

• 1CE5CCA8-024E-4708-8067-72714BA9D13A.jpeg
    1CE5CCA8-024E-4708-8067-72714BA9D13A.jpeg
    441.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 3E756808-CBAF-4AC2-AA4E-7DD3417CC481.jpeg
    3E756808-CBAF-4AC2-AA4E-7DD3417CC481.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back