Covid Vaccination?

I honestly can’t remember if I already said this or not, but maybe I’m not only one with CRS! I had Moderna, first shot arm was slightly sore from shoulder to elbow, not bad. Second shot I received at 2:40 pm and by 8:30 pm I felt bad, aches,chills starting. Woke up next morning feeling like I had bad case of flu. Head pounding, everywhere hurt and cold. I stayed in bed 99% of the day, save for getting up to feed critters and us. Went to bed again still feeling bad but woke in the night once and could tell I was better and In the morning, which was Good Friday, I felt good, which I was so happy about because I had so much to do to get ready for Easter meal. Several friends of mine had similar experiences and some had no bad feelings at all. I just kept telling myself it’s better than Covid and I’m making antibodies!

I honestly can’t remember if I already said this or not, but maybe I’m not only one with CRS! I had Moderna, first shot arm was slightly sore from shoulder to elbow, not bad. Second shot I received at 2:40 pm and by 8:30 pm I felt bad, aches,chills starting. Woke up next morning feeling like I had bad case of flu. Head pounding, everywhere hurt and cold. I stayed in bed 99% of the day, save for getting up to feed critters and us. Went to bed again still feeling bad but woke in the night once and could tell I was better and In the morning, which was Good Friday, I felt good, which I was so happy about because I had so much to do to get ready for Easter meal. Several friends of mine had similar experiences and some had no bad feelings at all. I just kept telling myself it’s better than Covid and I’m making antibodies!
That sounds like my husband's experience. He felt lousy for about 36 hours.

So, one of my closest friends is flying from Chicago to Bangalore tomorrow to care for his elderly parents. He only received his first Pfizer shot yesterday. There was no convincing him to wait for a second shot or two weeks after that - he's afraid he won't be able to get a flight into India if he doesn't leave now. He's 40 and in good health, but I am worried. Very worried. The only reassurance of any potential immunity is that he felt a little sick today, but not enough to take Tylenol. His doctor gave him a script for steroids, so he has enough of those on hand for four people if they fall ill.

On the positive side, my son, who is a high school senior, just committed to a university twenty minutes down the road from our house (literally the same road) - and they have announced they are going to require all students be vaccinated to return to campus, so we won't have to worry as much about him picking up COVID in his dorm.

Last edited:
No. He lived in Ohio. I loved him like a brother.
I am very sorry for your loss. I also had a morbidly obese friend named Tom who passed away.

I also had sent him a message a few weeks before he got sick, which ended up ending our friendship. (He was an anti-masker, or at least too blasé about it, and I let him know he was being a stupid a-hole about it, and he didn’t appreciate my input…and then it unfortunately ended up costing him his life).

I am very sorry for your loss. I also had a morbidly obese friend named Tom who passed away.

I also had sent him a message a few weeks before he got sick, which ended up ending our friendship. (He was an anti-masker, or at least too blasé about it, and I let him know he was being a stupid a-hole about it, and he didn’t appreciate my input…and then it unfortunately ended up costing him his life).
Sadly, my friend was in the Denial or at least the Downplay group. His roommate called his sister to let her know how sick he was. He refused hospitalization the first time she was called citing the bullshit about he wasn't going to let a hospital "make more money" from him. (He, who had Medicare.) The second time she was called to his house he was delusional, but too weak to mount any resistance. He was taken away in an ambulance and died in the hospital. I have never been so sad and angry at the same time over anything like this. The misinformation, well, words fail me.

I'm sorry you're going through that. It's amazing to see diseases affect our bodies and vice versa. I never would have thought obesity is a risk factor for Covid. I'm not curious enough to search for more articles. My friend who died was morbidly obese and it hurts enough to know that may contributed to his death. I really don't want to know much in depth.

Please let us know how you feel after the second shot.

I hurt the first week after the shot and felt awful. I needed to nap more too. When my period came though I had it for over TWO weeks! But I am close to ovulating and it’s close to right on time so I am interested in what future research has to say on this subject. Still better than getting Covid!

My son had his first shot and will get his second shot June 8th and while that was kind of a fiasco waiting for a long time with a big boy who doesn’t do well with waiting and carries on about shots, he did okay. I was still feeling rough from my own shot and he’s too big and strong for me to get him to cooperate and not run, so my husband goes and then that meant the three year old had to go too. So our whole little family was there and we end up kind of being a spectacle and but I tell myself it’s because we’re so cute! Lol jk. I actually tell myself he has every right to be there and he isn’t the first person to freak out about needles. If they have a problem they can say something and I’ll tell them where they can file their complaint!

I don’t understand why anyone would take such risks for their own health and it’s a huge gamble in hopes that you won’t be the one who gets sick and dies. Or gets sick and forever disabled. Or pass it on to someone else and THEY DIE!! What an awful way to find out you were wrong about everything.

So our whole little family was there and we end up kind of being a spectacle and but I tell myself it’s because we’re so cute! Lol jk. I actually tell myself he has every right to be there and he isn’t the first person to freak out about needles.
lots of people freak out about needles! I'm glad your family has each other. :5grouphug:

Latest posts

Back