Covid Vaccination?

I am wondering if there are other ways to sign people up for this vaccine because signing up online is a barrier for a few people. Not everyone has internet access and not everyone is computer savvy.

I also saw this on Twitter. Here’s the article the tweets reference.

[/URL]View attachment 2514

Philadelphia. City of Brotherly Love. Sigh. Where have common decency and common sense gone? :(

Some doctors are reaching out to schedule vaccinations for their elderly patients, but there needs to be far more outreach. Once the supply is greater, maybe they could have door-to-door efforts.

Thanks for the condolences. This virus has definitely reinforced the importance of health care insurance and access to good health care practitioners.

It has also reinforced how important it is to have leadership that understands and values scientific data. I can only wonder how many lives were needlessly lost because of misinformation and mishandling of COVID-19.

I am wondering if there are other ways to sign people up for this vaccine because signing up online is a barrier for a few people. Not everyone has internet access and not everyone is computer savvy.

I also saw this on Twitter. Here’s the article the tweets reference.

[/URL]View attachment 2514
There are a couple of teenagers on LI who realized that older adults might having trouble with computers so they put up signs. They now have over 200 people they're trying to help.

Thanks for the condolences. This virus has definitely reinforced the importance of health care insurance and access to good health care practitioners.

It has also reinforced how important it is to have leadership that understands and values scientific data. I can only wonder how many lives were needlessly lost because of misinformation and mishandling of COVID-19.
I also offer my condolences for your losses.

While I don't have exact numbers, I state with confidence: Too many have been lost to our inadequate health care system.

I have not been able to volunteer at our library since around this time last year. I worked in the adult computer section. I wasn't able to help with some of the more advanced functions, yet I can help people sign up for vaccinations. Not being around people has affected my mental well being. It feels good to help someone even in ways that don't require grand gestures.

They announced this morning that shots would be available for 65+ in NV on 2/22. So I started trying to score appointments. Just for the hell of it I called the NV hotline and they told me I could legally get shot today at a walkin clinic at a High School not too far away. So I figured I would wait in line forever but I went anyway. And OMG, success! We both got our first shots!!! No worse than a flu shot. No big deal! Pfizer and next shot after 3/12.

They announced this morning that shots would be available for 65+ in NV on 2/22. So I started trying to score appointments. Just for the hell of it I called the NV hotline and they told me I could legally get shot today at a walkin clinic at a High School not too far away. So I figured I would wait in line forever but I went anyway. And OMG, success! We both got our first shots!!! No worse than a flu shot. No big deal! Pfizer and next shot after 3/12.
Excellent!

I have not been able to volunteer at our library since around this time last year. I worked in the adult computer section. I wasn't able to help with some of the more advanced functions, yet I can help people sign up for vaccinations. Not being around people has affected my mental well being. It feels good to help someone even in ways that don't require grand gestures.
That’s great! I’m so happy for you both. My grandson, finally was able to return to campus at Rice University a few weeks ago. Due to the horrible weather Houston got hit with this week there was a vaccination sight that wasn’t able to operate on Monday and there were 1300 doses set to expire that day so they gave them to Rice. Word was put out and whoever got there first got them. Will said he literally ran across campus and was successful. His was Moderna.

The next day, my arm is definitely sore. More than it was with my flu shot. We both had headaches last night but no way to know if it's shot related or not. But we are both fine. My injection site is a little hot and swollen. Jeff's is not.

Day 2, the soreness is going away and we are both fine! Now waiting for the second shot...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back