Covid Vaccination?

which one did you choose, Sue?

we are getting the one that has to be kept cold and I have no idea how they decided between the two. cheapest, is my guess. :dontknow:

which one did you choose, Sue?

we are getting the one that has to be kept cold and I have no idea how they decided between the two. cheapest, is my guess. :dontknow:

Well, in fairness to your employer (even if they might not deserve it), it was the first available. So it MIGHT mean that they got in line early. And, in some places, the Moderna is being kind of “saved” for more rural areas because of the refrigeration issues.

I/we haven’t decided which to try for. I am far enough out from fillers that I shouldn’t have a problem with Moderna. By the time I get to the front of the line, we will know about any additional side effects? We shall see.

I’ll be getting vaccinated at work tomorrow, Lord will in’ and the creek don’t rise!
My husband received the first shot of Moderna at our county health Dept on Saturday the 2nd. He has had no side effects at all thus far. I read online they were available for “75 and olders” so called and gave his name. Was told, we will call him. I thought it was not going to happen, but in about an hour they did call and told him to come at 9:30 a.m. and it was drive through style. Easy-peay, no long lines, fast, and then we were directed to park in a lot across The street and wait 15 minutes to make sure he had no adverse reaction. He should get round #2 the 28-30th so I just hope they get or have the vaccine on hand for it! They did run out before everyone who wanted it hit one, as did all the surrounding counties. I feel very fortunate he was able to get his, as he has COPD and I know Covid could be deadly for him.

Signups for 75+ start Monday in Maricopa County. Trying to psych whether to schedule for the beginning of the day to make sure he gets his vaccination, or the end of the day, so I might get the bonus of any leftover vaccine that has to be used that day.

Signups for 75+ start Monday in Maricopa County. Trying to psych whether to schedule for the beginning of the day to make sure he gets his vaccination, or the end of the day, so I might get the bonus of any leftover vaccine that has to be used that day.
. I’d go with early in day to make sure he gets his. If it’s anything like this area, there were way more people wanting it than they had doses on hand!

Read an article in the WP about a couple who just lucked into the shot by being there when they had doses to use or dispose of because some scheduled people failed to show up. It was in DC at a Safeway pharmacy.

Glad you got one! Distribution here in Lake County, IL is slow. Mom, age 82, diabetic with asthma, had a saddle PE / fall event in a parking lot last Sunday in which she also got a concussion, broke the orbital bone and got stitches over her eye. In advance of her being discharged today, I asked the hospitalist to see if there was a way that considering the PE they could arrange for a move up in the vaccination line for her. His response was that they haven't even reached his place in the line yet! Not very hopeful that she'll get a jab soon.

Her mask was removed during the event due to the facial bleeding and the people who assisted her are strangers, so due to COVID risk for Liam and me, we decided not to have her come stay here. We felt rehab was too risky for her. So, Charles has moved in to her apartment to there to care for her 24/7 and they will be in isolation together for 10 days. Hoping she recovers soon. We cannot wait to be vaccinated.

Oh Hilary - I’m sorry your mom got hurt, but (looking on the bright side!), she didn’t break her hip and you have the flexibility to have Charles stay with her to keep her out of rehab. (I don’t know why my default way of dealing with difficult situations is to imagine how it could be worse, but it works for me. )

Oh dear, sorry about your mom. I hope she and Charles sail thru isolation.

Oh Hilary - I’m sorry your mom got hurt, but (looking on the bright side!), she didn’t break her hip and you have the flexibility to have Charles stay with her to keep her out of rehab. (I don’t know why my default way of dealing with difficult situations is to imagine how it could be worse, but it works for me. )

I hope she recovers soon and they both are OK.
:5grouphug:

Thank you all! I hate that she is going through this, but we are looking at it as a blessing because the doctor emphasized multiple times how lucky we were that this took place in a public parking lot so there were others around able to get her to a hospital immediately. The irony is that breaking our family COVID rules by going out shopping likely saved her life. She's definitely recovering well and glad to be home - her main complaint at this point is vertigo from her concussion, which seems to be controlled fairly well by medication until her dose runs out. After isolation, she may come stay with us, but we already have 4 people in 3 bedrooms, so it will be cramped. We'll need to re-evaluate her longer term living situation once she is vaccinated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back