Copper

aaa

I've been taking this forever. I've done well with it. It's copper gluconate. I take 2 mg. pills and want to stay with that dose.

The price is getting too high as they only sell it in 100 capsule bottles (it used to come in 300 capsule bottles). I'm considering an economic change. I know a lot of people take chelated copper. I've found that at much better prices. I want to buy a larger bottle:

Swanson
Piping Rock

Any thoughts?

I've been taking this forever. I've done well with it. It's copper gluconate. I take 2 mg. pills and want to stay with that dose.

The price is getting too high as they only sell it in 100 capsule bottles (it used to come in 300 capsule bottles). I'm considering an economic change. I know a lot of people take chelated copper. I've found that at much better prices. I want to buy a larger bottle:

Swanson
Piping Rock

Any thoughts?
Something must be going in with the supply of copper (at least for supplements). I've been taking the BioTech one since my surgery and now its out of stock everywhere so I decided to go with one from 'Pure'. More expensive so I'll look for the Piping Rock next time! Thanks

I've taken Swanson, Piping Rock, Puritan's Pride and now the Vitacost Albion Chelated. Nothing has worked for me so far. Copper is a real pain for me so don't necessarily go by me. Think I'll try your more expensive brand.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've taken Swanson, Piping Rock, Puritan's Pride and now the Vitacost Albion Chelated. Nothing has worked for me so far. Copper is a real pain for me so don't necessarily go by me. Think I'll try your more expensive brand.
I struggle to keep my zinc and copper both up decently in range. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of either one I take either. I liked the Nutra Bio chelated copper because they were 3mg capsule and I have been taking 3 a day, but for whatever reason Amazon is out so I just bought this Swanson stuff since they are 300 per bottle (even though tablets).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068TSEK/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I've had trouble getting it where I'd like as well. Right now it's hovering at right below or just at normal (even with the more expensive brand).

So chelated, gluconate...one is as good as the other? (I guess I thought most people took chelated).
Chelated is supposedly a better form of vitamins and is supposedly absorbed better but I have found no difference with lab results when taking chelated vs gliconated (normal cheap stuff) products so I just buy whatever is the best buy.

I struggle to keep my zinc and copper both up decently in range. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of either one I take either. I liked the Nutra Bio chelated copper because they were 3mg capsule and I have been taking 3 a day, but for whatever reason Amazon is out so I just bought this Swanson stuff since they are 300 per bottle (even though tablets).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068TSEK/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Are you supplementing zinc as well? If so, How much are you taking? Have you been taking it a long time, continuously?

Are you supplementing zinc as well? If so, How much are you taking? Have you been taking it a long time, continuously?
Yes I take 300mg of Zinc daily. Copper, beyond what is in my multi and other things, I take 12 mg daily. I have been taking both of those since September, 2014 when I found out I had severe malnutrition and both of those were well below range.

Yes I take 300mg of Zinc daily. Copper, beyond what is in my multi and other things, I take 12 mg daily. I have been taking both of those since September, 2014 when I found out I had severe malnutrition and both of those were well below range.
Is this amount the amount you have found that keeps you within range? How often do you get your levels checked? I'm kinda in the same boat and just trying to figure my way out with really no help from doctors. I hope you don't mind my questions and if you do just tell me to mind my own business;). Do you have a health care professional who is giving you guidance on the amounts to take or have you learned it from your own research?

Is this amount the amount you have found that keeps you within range? How often do you get your levels checked? I'm kinda in the same boat and just trying to figure my way out with really no help from doctors. I hope you don't mind my questions and if you do just tell me to mind my own business;). Do you have a health care professional who is giving you guidance on the amounts to take or have you learned it from your own research?
I have been getting monthly labs since September of 14 I found out how malnourished I was. Yes that amount to keep me in range has a DS patient you have to supplement based on your lab results and can't wait for a doctor to help you do so. Frankly they would advise you to take way too little because 99% of them don't understand our needs.

And no problem on questions feel free to ask I don't mind

Glad we're talking about copper. It's been one of the banes of my DS. Prior to surgery my level was low, but in the normal range. Since surgery it continues to drop along with the cerruloplasmin (copper carrying protein). I've continually increased the dose from 2 mg up to 16 mg a day, but the level keeps dropping. I cut my supplemental zinc from 72 to 47 but the level keeps dropping. Now I've cut the zinc down to 22 and increased the copper to 20 (half before bed, half before walking up). I'm not sure what I'm going to do if that doesn't work. Copper infusions are very rare and no one at Kaiser seems eager to try one.

I've tried all the chelated ones. Makes no difference. Also tried the BioTech brand Copper lysanate. My level deteriorated even faster. Now I'm going to try to the glycanate and gluconate. Bariatric Advantage uses the gluconate form so, I assume, they think that is best for people with bypassed intestines.

If anyone has any experience with this issue, please chime in!

Latest posts

Back