CA food recs

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
Hey guys!
So, in a few weeks I'll be in San Francisco and Napa for 10 days. My brother (who lives in SF) always has places he wants to being us, but I'd like some recommendations on places that would be protein paradise! I already have El Pollo Loco and In and Out on my list for lunches, but our usual meals out there are pasta and bread heavy so I wanna have some specifics in my arsenal when we're figuring out where to eat. Thanks in advance!

I like to eat at Osakaya restaurant in Japantown. You can order teriyaki, yakitori or tonkatsu. Comes with rice, miso soup and salad. You can just skip eating the rice.

ETA: I also like to go to Gordo Taqueria and order a plate. You can specify which ingredients you want on it.

I am jealous that you get to go! I don't know the area so I have no advice. Just want to say, have a great time!!
Thanks NA! It's my niece's christening/1st birthday, Mother's Day and my Mom's bday all in one week so we're doing kind of a family reunion celebration at a villa in Napa :)

Fisherman's Wharf or Sausalito - Dungeness crab, and more crab and more crab. Shrimp. And then more crab. Sushi, skinny style (less rice) or sashimi. I'm down in San Jose, so I'm less familiar with what's up in SF. Oh, and Chinese food - there's tons of stuff you can eat, so long as you limit the rice.

I like to eat at Osakaya restaurant in Japantown. You can order teriyaki, yakitori or tonkatsu. Comes with rice, miso soup and salad. You can just skip eating the rice.

ETA: I also like to go to Gordo Taqueria and order a plate. You can specify which ingredients you want on it.
Thanks Kathy! I'm stoked for good Mexican, it's so much better when I've had it in AZ and CA than most places on the east coast. And the whole family loves Japanese :)

Fisherman's Wharf or Sausalito - Dungeness crab, and more crab and more crab. Shrimp. And then more crab. Sushi, skinny style (less rice) or sashimi. I'm down in San Jose, so I'm less familiar with what's up in SF. Oh, and Chinese food - there's tons of stuff you can eat, so long as you limit the rice.
Oooh, yes, we did mass quantities of Dungeness crab the first time I was out there, that will definitely be a request!

Latest posts

Back