Next installment....

oh, no - that is so sad.
At least now he's down with all his buddies and in reach of better feed and water. One of the kids from the family that's now also living on the place will give him a good grooming and touch up his owies so he doesn't itch, and the farrier will give him a pedicure the next time s/he is out. And then D will bitch and yap for having to spend money on the critter. *sigh*

The fact that he didn't know the gelding's name, or if he even had one, was really shocking. TOTALLY foreign to his personality. We could all cite the pedigree (such as it might have been) and personality traits of every horse on the place, in our sleep, and he truly LOVED the horses and cattle.

That poor horse. Too bad you aren't out there full time yet.

At least he is now being taken care of.

I had to look up both weed species. Was thinking goats would be a good way to get rid of the weeds. I know we have a "Kudzu Eradication Program" here that puts goats on plots of land to eat the kudzu.

I'm really glad you found the horse!

I imagine once weeds get a good hold it will be hell to get them out of there - they are scary tough.

That poor horse. Too bad you aren't out there full time yet.

At least he is now being taken care of.

I had to look up both weed species. Was thinking goats would be a good way to get rid of the weeds. I know we have a "Kudzu Eradication Program" here that puts goats on plots of land to eat the kudzu.

Goats can be very useful, but they require a fair amount of supervision. Needless to say, that ain't happening there.

Wish that horse could be rehomed! Sorry you have to deal with all of this... You are a strong woman!

Latest posts

Back