Food tasting very blah??

JKap19

I'm 5 weeks post op and my diet has been advanced to puree with specific foods. I'm still drinking 2 protein shakes a day to make sure I get in my 60 grams at least. I'm working on 64 oz but am really only getting in prob. 50 to 60 ounces at the moment. I'm just finding that everything I'm eating is really blah. It's blah in my mouth, it's blah in my stomach. I just don't have much desire to eat. I'm eating things like cottage cheese, refried beans with sour cream and cheese, chicken salad, turkey, chicken, bacon, cheese. I've advanced my diet a little more than my doctor recommends because I can't stand puree but I chew until it's basically puree. I can't have hamburger yet, or low carb veggies, or lunch meat for another 3 weeks. I can't have beef until 4 months out. At 4 months out I'm off any restrictions but realize I have to keep the carbs low for the weight loss. I've been looking at keto recipes that make a low carb bread but doctor said no bread, pasta, rice until 4 months out because it tends to expand in the tummy. So I can't even make any of those recipes.

Anyone else deal with this?

1 egg, 1 ounce of cream cheese. Mix together. Add cinnamon and splenda for sweet, or salt and spices for savory. Cook like a traditional pancake. Use as bread substitute...

P.S. Can't see why you can't have ground beef or lunch meat if you can handle bacon. That makes no sense to me.

Thanks Hilary! I'm prob not suppose to have bacon. My menu says puree pork, Turkey, chicken. I expanded upon it and just puree in my mouth by chewing it to a pulp. Also everything is suppose to be low fat so I'm sure that cuts bacon out. That hasn't stopped me.

It took me a long time for food to work for me again. It was 3 months really. Pork for some reason was so much easier than beef and I could eat pork at about 2 or 3 months out. Beef - whether ground or not - really took 6 months.

I think the first 3 months is hell and the next 3 months is unpleasent. At 6 months it starts to feel ok again. Hang in there. It takes time for you to heal.

If you were going to have a problem, you would know it by now. That food progression is ridiculous. All you need to remember is high protein, high fat, and as few carbs as possible.

You do need to drink more. And all liquids count, not just water.

At 10 days out I was eating steak and 5 days out, hamburger. I just had to eat slowly! These extreme food progressions are fads.

Latest posts

Back