A Private Update!!!

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
I'm dying to tell people but have been reluctant to post on my FB due to UK WLS peeps drama. I have such great news! I really hope none of those drama llamas have access to this board, but I will find out soon enough! ;)

I am getting a hip! My left hip has collapsed to the point that I do not have a hip. Sept 11th is my day !

Now for the juicy stuff! haha. My surgeon was so impressed with my progress that he felt kinda bad that the long wait for my DS meant I was kicked off the list for my apronectomy that was due to happen when I hit a BMI of 50. I also have a cluster of hernias where I was ripped open to stop my post op bleed that need to be repaired sooner rather than later. Cue Professor Patel saying "I have a mate downstairs in plastics, we can double up and I will do your hernia and he can do the apronectomy!". I said great! I will get my GP to write for funding. His words: "naw, don't worry about funding, this needs doing and if we do it all at the same time it will be fine!"

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

So in the next 6 months I will have a hip! Hopefully allowing me to stand up straight for the first time since before my DS, and soon after, be able to walk without any cripple aides! Then, my hernia issue will be fixed....it's likely the reason my acid reflux is sooooooo much worse post DS than it was post VSG. Also, I puke a lot. Even after 2 bites. The restriction has been nice, but damn, nothing classy about leaving the table at a restaurant after 3 bites to go hurl. Will be nice! And this belly hang with be gone!!!!

It it not a tummy tuck and will not be pretty. I will have frankenbelly, but don't even give 2 shits.

I might actually feel human by my 2 year surgiversary. I feel really hopeful for the first time since, well, since forever!

My first goal is to lose 20lbs by my hip op, this will bring me below my surgeons goal weight for me, and then learning to walk again like a normal person! I would love to lose maybe another 10-15lbs after hip op, pre apronectomy....and the plastic man (holy hell the man is GORGEOUS!) estimates my belly hang is about 10kg (about 22lbs) in a none swollen state (I have lymphodema in the right side of the hang).

So yeah, things look good for my future, and I've been dying to tell people, but unsure of who to trust, so this seems like a good place to share my excitement!

You can add it if you would like :) I will need all the critter swinging, happy hippy thoughts and prayers y'all can manage!

I am super excited though!!!! I might have a happy ending after all! :)
DONE...added it. I put very little identifying info as to location. And I always schedule a 12 hour time frame for any I add.

Hip hip hurray?
1_by_ridley126-d6uc3my.gif

Latest posts

Back