A Private Update!!!

I'm so happy for you. Thank goodness things have started moving faster for you. Patience has never been my strong suit

omg lol it has been a while!!!

Got my hip done. I LOVE MY BIONIC HIP!!!!! It's amazing!!!

Have seen plastic surgeon again and Im on the waiting list....could be as early as Jan or as late as July...it's the NHS and they are short of beds at times. Whatever, its getting done :)

Ernie is so big now Prof Patel no longer calls it a hernia cluster but a large defect. LOL Im defected!!!! Can't wait to be able to enjoy a meal again! OMG. I so miss eating more than a couple a bites and not puking my guts out. You would think I'd be dropping weight like mad, but no such luck for me!

I haven't lost in a while, meh. Not bothered. It's winter and dark here and Im trying to make it to spring alive. I do think I am going to gently propose that the hubs and I go on a 'diet'. He could do with low carbing as well. Im not bothered about his size but we aren't getting younger and I want to keep him around as long as possible! Im dying to join the gym and sweat but Im not even released to do an exercise bike yet!

Speaking of being released to exercise...Im still doing PT for my hip. Because I was in such bad shape before I got my new hip I'm further behind where others normally are this far out, but my PT wants me to take it slow and he is convinced Im going to hurt myself lol. I'm down to one crutch (mostly) outside the home and I hobble around without anything for part of the day until the pain becomes unbearable.

I weaned myself off fentanyl cold turkey. I don't recommend it, its not for the feint of heart lol. But it feels good to be in control of my pain relief again via codeine phosphate. I did not like having constant drugs in my system as Im scared to death of addiction....and the withdrawals coming off the patch confirmed my worst fears. I was physically addicted. Those on my FB heard all about the sick, the sweats, the anxiety, the shakes, the shits, the mild psychosis, the suicidal thoughts....but I KNEW what the problem was (not me for once lol) so I rode it out with the help of the hubz. After 3 weeks I could think clearly again and my sleep has been better. Now, don't get me wrong, Im not ungrateful for fentanyl, it got me through the most painful thing in my life and I would go on it again if my other hip decides to run away, but my god Im happy to be off of it!

I suck at updating here. Im sorry. I also suck at my blog if its any consolation lol. I feel like people don't want to hear my shit over and over. I only put everything all over FB because my family are there (immediate, cousins, aunts, uncles, EVERYONE) and Im from a nosy family, so it makes them feel like they are a part of my life by knowing my business lol.

haha having shit under control is the only option I have!!!! I swear my life is the 'sink or swim' sort.

I tell you what though, if this hernia/apronectomy op ends up being the thing that kills me, I am going to be one pissed off ghost!!!! I've made it so far kicking and fighting and Im SO CLOSE....and I hear pissed off ghosts are the worst lol.

Sitting here with my feet up, legs crossed at the ankle :) Love it!

Also with my new hip I was finally able to have my girly exam! (yay??? lol) I was 2-3 years overdue and they only do them every 3 years here to begin with, so I was stressing the hell out! Now that I can separate my legs more than an inch I was able to do it...and it was EASY and painless!!! And Im still fat!!! But I didn't need a pillow under my ass to elevate my pelvis and it only took 1 nurse and was over in 3 minutes!!! And I got the letter yesterday giving me the all clear. Whew! One stresser ticked off the list! :)

I have the weirdest NSVs lol. Screw it. Im happy and my cervix is happy :)

Very happy for your hip and your cervix! And that you are OK! Just keep on. Like the hip, the panni will roll around too!

Latest posts

Back