You ALWAYS need a copy of your labs.

Ugh. I wish it was easier to get copies of labs here in the UK! I had been lucky, but this last time (Dec draw) I am still fighting to get a copy as it is not typical to release info to patients. Total pain in the ass!
That really stinks. I honestly believe that I would be dead and or on 24/7 TPN without access to my labs. Is there a board or person to whom you cancontact and fight this policy? I just can't see how you don't have the right to your medical records.

That really stinks. I honestly believe that I would be dead and or on 24/7 TPN without access to my labs. Is there a board or person to whom you cancontact and fight this policy? I just can't see how you don't have the right to your medical records.
Unfortunately not all countries see your medical records AS YOUR medical records. So if a country doesn't consider them YOUR records, then you do not have a right to them.

I don't know how the NHS works...

You have total access to your medical records under the freedom of information act. All you have to do is put your request in writing to your doctor. I have never had to do this. I just asked and then asked again until they printed me a copy. I know GP surgeries are stupidly busy but I find negotiating with your GP and getting a note put on your file means it is easy just to get print outs in the futur.

Latest posts

Back