Who can eat like this?

newanatomy

I copied the following thread from another site. I am watching/counting every carb that goes into my mouth. Who gets to eat like this and still lose/maintain?!

My surgery was on a Monday, too. I cried nonstop, starting the Friday before. I get it.

What I ate today:
Frosted mini wheats w/milk.
Coffee w/half n half.
Special nourish hot cereal.
Jr cheeseburger from Wendy's.
Small fries.
2 slices leftover cold Tombstone pizza.
Pbj on white.
Cheese stick.
Dynamite shrimp at Cheesecake Factory.
1 fish taco at CF. (Brought the other 3 home for tomorrow
huh.png
?)
Small piece of dark bread at CF, slathered w/butter.
1/2 slice Adam's cheesecake from CF.
Popcorn.

Maintaining at 144.
Plus all my vits/supplements and fluids.
Not bad, no?
You can and will do it! Baby yourself, and enjoy the dramatic weight loss immediately post op.
"Real" food is waiting for you on the horizon!!!

Read more: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/posts/recent#ixzz2woKwYvmB

This is mostly carbs!!

THIS is a person who will never get to goal unless it's by accident. Just metabolism. And there will be serious regain. What surgery did they have? Self sabotage is never pretty.

Maybe this is not representative of this persons normal menu. It is mostly carbs and hopefully not a reco of acceptable DS eating to a Newbie. Maybe he/she is at goal and think's the intro of carbs is necessary to maintain? I am maintaining at 125 and have not changed my daily carb intake...other then the occasional indulgence.

I counted all my carbs during my first year while I lost my weight and for several months afterward. Now at 6+ years I eat a lot of carbs and maintain quite easily.

Now I do eat a lot more protein than listed here. And this would be a rare day as I wouldn't want that much flour in my system. But it is certainly doable. Just not every day.

Of course everyone has their own limits for what works for them.

THIS is a person who will never get to goal unless it's by accident. Just metabolism. And there will be serious regain. What surgery did they have? Self sabotage is never pretty.

I didn't mean for this to be mysterious. It is Mary Ellen on PB. She doesn't seem like a bad sort of DS'r. I doubt this is an everyday menu but, wow. And yes, she hit goal quickly and is maintaining well. Some are just lucky I guess.

I didn't mean for this to be mysterious. It is Mary Ellen on PB. She doesn't seem like a bad sort of DS'r. I doubt this is an everyday menu but, wow. And yes, she hit goal quickly and is maintaining well. Some are just lucky I guess.
No doubt there are a lucky FEW! And they are few and far between! I would bet this doesn't last forever!

I think the fear of torturing myself and all the people around me would prevent me from eating that much wheat. The one cupcake I had last night equaled 2 emergency trips to the potty before bed, a moaning wake up at 3 am to go again, then again at 5:30. Oh, and that was with 3 doses of gas x in between, lol.

I think the fear of torturing myself and all the people around me would prevent me from eating that much wheat. The one cupcake I had last night equaled 2 emergency trips to the potty before bed, a moaning wake up at 3 am to go again, then again at 5:30. Oh, and that was with 3 doses of gas x in between, lol.

Good to know! I just haven't tempted fate yet. I am only two months out though.

I hadn't before last night either (anything more than a few bites anyway) but my family came down for the weekend to celebrate my birthday and my sister snuck out to get them from a special bakery under the guise of "needing" coffee specifically from dunkin donuts while I was preparing breakfast for everyone. For tomorrow, which is my actual birthday, I might just have a scoop of ice cream with a candle in it and that will be the end of real sweets for me for a while :)

I have days that I eat like that, honestly. Although usually not in a great quantity- at Cheesecake Factory, I'd eat some of an appetizer shared with my family, half of an entree, and half of a dessert. And the farther I get out from surgery, the less those days bother my stomach. I go to the bathroom more, but it's not uncomfortable or anything. The worst that happens is that I don't get very much sleep. Then, I do have other days that I don't eat hardly anything because my restriction is so much.

I keep waiting for the bounce back to hit me (3 1/2 years out) and I'm prepared for that to happen, but so far I don't leave my 10 pound weight window no matter what I eat.

Yep everyones different. I get that. I am a bit envious of the Cereal....I miss oatmeal. Mary Ellen is pretty awesome so I'll bet this in not every day. But then it might be.

Latest posts

Back